So...

I just bought a Boss GT-8 and i was wondering how (if it's possible) to set the exp. pedal as an octave pitcher (like in the solo of Killing in the name by RATM). I didn't really understood how to do it with the instructions manual...
Je parle français, excusez mon language inaproprié quand je m'exprime en anglais.

go into the FX box its in (FX 2 i think if its anything like the gt-6) and set it so pitch shift, you can set the maximum and minimum pitch from there and stuff
im pretty sure that the Killing in the Name solo uses a wah
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
Quote by jhjps
im pretty sure that the Killing in the Name solo uses a wah

have you heard the song before?
its not a wah, its a wammy for sure.
My Gear:

Fender 62 RI Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
Quote by Wylde14
go into the FX box its in (FX 2 i think if its anything like the gt-6) and set it so pitch shift, you can set the maximum and minimum pitch from there and stuff

I've done what you said but when the pedal is open no sound comes out. The pedal is probably set to be on the "on/off" mode but i don't know how to change it neither...
Je parle français, excusez mon language inaproprié quand je m'exprime en anglais.

I had this misconception too, the effect you're looking for is Pedal Bend, not pitch shift.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Quote by *kas
I had this misconception too, the effect you're looking for is Pedal Bend, not pitch shift.

Yup on the pedal bend, and you'll want to move FX2 to the head of your signal chain on the GT-8 or the whammy effect will not track properly.