GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Depends on what sound you want, if you want a good guitar for rock, I suggest the Ibenez RG350EX...or any of the RG series...they look amazing and are great for most any type of rock.
Quote by HLrocker
Depends on what sound you want, if you want a good guitar for rock, I suggest the Ibenez RG350EX...or any of the RG series...they look amazing and are great for most any type of rock.

Who cares about looks. I'd rather have a crappy looking guitar with amazing sound that a great looking one with horrible.
I got my Jackson DK2M at Guitar Center on Clearance for $229. Supposedly, Jackson is not manufacturing black & inferno red any longer in their line, so they're clearing them out (per the kid at GC)

You might want to give the store a shot (I noticed that online still has the original price of $629.99) Dinky

EDIT: I called it 'cherry red', but it's really 'inferno red'
Quote by rocker931
Who cares about looks. I'd rather have a crappy looking guitar with amazing sound that a great looking one with horrible.

Wow, your cool! But please stfu.

We obviously all care about how our guitars look, the dude above was just saying that those Ibanez guitars look good, and they do.

And to the TS, yes, I suggest an Ibanez in that price range. Something like this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519785

Plays excellent, looks awesome, hard to beat for your money.
hmm instead of starting a new topic. aren't ibanez metal guitars? can i play alternative on it also? funk, punk and such?

cuz i was considering ibanez but i heard that the hss stratocaster in this range is very versatile in terms of tones and sounds.
Quote by Trowa21
hmm instead of starting a new topic. aren't ibanez metal guitars? can i play alternative on it also? funk, punk and such?

cuz i was considering ibanez but i heard that the hss stratocaster in this range is very versatile in terms of tones and sounds.

In my opinion the lower priced strats are not quality. Can you play funk, punk, and other styles on an Ibanez? Sure, I know I do.

I believe Ibanez has been stereotyped to metal because metal players need a fast and efficient neck for shreds and leads, and Ibanez has it.
Quote by satch_wannabe
In my opinion the lower priced strats are not quality. Can you play funk, punk, and other styles on an Ibanez? Sure, I know I do.

I believe Ibanez has been stereotyped to metal because metal players need a fast and efficient neck for shreds and leads, and Ibanez has it.

so you think i should get an ibanez instead of the hss strat? because i am looking for a quality guitar. mm idk i shud try it out i dont know anything about electrics since this is the 1st im buying ive only been playin acoustic
I was thinking an Ibanez Artcore too. I tried one out at GC and liked the sound. Is MK Patriot's really that nice sounding? I haven't tried them because I didn't see any at GC.