Alright UG?

At the moment, I use .9s, and I use them for anything from Drop B to Standard.
Now I have realised that my playing is far, far cleaner in Standard (obviously), but unfortunately most of the songs I play aren't tuned to Standard.

So I want that cleanness on lower tunings? Fine, get thicker strings.

Now my problem is the guage. I need strings that can handle Standard occasionally without slicing my fingers clean off, but the need to be able to handle at the very least Drop C, or if there is such a wonderstring as far as two steps down.

Anyone know of such a product?
R E G G A E
Thicken up your fingers and get .11s. Be a man =)
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
i used 12's in standard and sometimes drop c and they are great. they dont get too loose at all. but make sure you set up your truss rod for the heavier strings or else you can really **** up your neck
Quote by Alex S.
i used 12's in standard and sometimes drop c and they are great. they dont get too loose at all. but make sure you set up your truss rod for the heavier strings or else you can really **** up your neck

I've had .12's for a while and my truss road is fine.
10s should do the trick. I've used 10s to go down to D. I've even had the 6th string down as low as A, mind you it wasn't the most lovely sounding thing when I wasn't playing delicious octaves with the two A strings.

In the long run, I recommend investing in another guitar. That way you can have one for standard and one for whatever else.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
i reccomend .11s or .12s, i used to tune down to drop C alot (never drop B though) and .11s handled that fine.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Necronomicon
2 steps down? why don't you play a baritone

Because then Black Dahlia Murder isn't the same.
R E G G A E
Quote by johnny_tapia
.9s for Drop B?

I could never be bothered to change strings.
So they had to do.

Quote by Will_Minus
In the long run, I recommend investing in another guitar. That way you can have one for standard and one for whatever else.

I mainly use my Squier for Standard stuff.
But it's a pain because even most standard stuff requires heavier duty pickups than those.
R E G G A E
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
I've had .12's for a while and my truss road is fine.

Might wanna be careful man. I'd get it adjusted
Quote by Alex S.

I would as well. I wouldn't risk doing any permanent damage...unless your neck is cement reinforced or something I think you should =)
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Alex S.

Which way? Alot of you guys are pretty young here so do you actually know or are just repeating what someone said before?

If i move from 10's to 12's for example, i would want to straighten the neck right? as increased string tension will cause more bow in the neck?

Correct?
Quote by zw44
Which way? Alot of you guys are pretty young here so do you actually know or are just repeating what someone said before?

If i move from 10's to 12's for example, i would want to straighten the neck right? as increased string tension will cause more bow in the neck?

Correct?

Yes, tighten the truss rod. Be careful, man. Be sure to re-tune your guitar when you're done, you may have to do it a few times.

P.S. I'm 18.
-Jim Morrison