Yea, im trying to decide between the highway one and a standard american stratocaster.

im goin to be playing rock and blues. so im goin to be playing anywhere from pretty distorted to very clean. don't the highway ones have a better distorted sound on the SSS models than typical SSS standards?

but yea i just wanted to kno why you chose your guitar. thanks
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I tested a Highway One recently and thought it was really good - almost as good as a standard. I found the neck more comfortable on the H1 but the pickups werent quite as good - very little in it mind (was playing through a hot rod deluxe - awesome with a strat for cleans). Finish feels a little odd if you're used to gloss finishes. Definately worth having a look at - especially considering the price v. a standard.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
I have a Highway One Stratocaster. I think it sounds great, and I couldn't quite afford an American Standard. The Nitrocellulose finish is beautiful as well.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
I picked mine because it was on sale for $430. I wasn't even in the market for a strat, but a MIA for the price of a MIM was too much to pass up. I instantly fell in love with the thing, and yes the middle pick up on it (especially 2006+) is much hotter than a standard. Not exactly a traditional strat but it's neck and bridge pup are pretty traditional at least.