I just refiled my 6th string slot, and I'll admit, I over-filed a tad, but it still works. But when my guitar is in my hands, it just doesn't feel the same. I feel like it's broken somehow, like it won't work, and I'm just so damn apathetic right now it's not even funny. What should I do?
Im sorry, what did you do? Call me a noob but whats "refiling?"
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Perhaps you could replace the nut?

I don't know what gear you have but might it be a chance/excuse to upgrade to a GraphTech Nut? (I've installed a couple and they are really nice)

I suppose you could use epoxy to refill the string slot and then have another go at filling although i have no idea what damage that could cause to you tone.

Just a thought
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by 812many
Im sorry, what did you do? Call me a noob but whats "refiling?"

I filed my nut down to fit bigger strings in (.12 gauge).

And as for a picture, I don't have a camera. But I know that it's too close to the first fret.

EDIT:

Quote by FooFighter1927
yeah...what the hell is refiling?

I made up a word.
Quote by ballroomofmars
it needs to be set up n00b

Excuse me for trying to do it myself and save me money. I hardly consider myself a n00b for attempting to do something for the first time and messing up a tad. It's people like you that make me want to shoot up a building.

Quote by Demonikk
Just get your nut replaced

I guess I could. It just seems like a major pain in the ass. It's not so much my nut that's the problem, just the feeling like my guitar /isn't/ mine. It feels alien and broken, but it plays fine.
Well , i would guess you're not used to .12 gauge strings ?

Might seem weird at first until you get the feel of them.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Well , i would guess you're not used to .12 gauge strings ?

Might seem weird at first until you get the feel of them.

Nah, I've had these for a while. I kinda' didn't do a good job the first time I filed it (Hence why I said 'refiled'), so I got strings today and was working on it and over-filed my 6th string a tad.

I really just think I'm hitting writer's block or something. Hm, I'll stay on my acoustic for a little, see how that turns out.
Last edited by VIRUSDETECTED at Nov 18, 2007,