Don't know how many people in the UK watch the same crap selection of tv as I, but I caught some battle of the bands programme on channel 4 the other night and discovered this lot. Seriously good blues rock.

http://www.myspace.com/hijakoscar
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I don't know whether you could call it a find as the programme seems to be on a hell of a lot and they're in the last 8 or whatever, but they're definitely ones to watch and ones I think people in here would probably enjoy.

The harmonica is great, isn't it!?
The thing about them that catches my attention is the breaks into the rockier parts, they do it perfectly, and from the live performance they did on that show it looks even better when they're up on stage.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Whoa, they're pretty good.

I really want to be in a blues band with keyboard and harmonica. That would be really awesome.

Man, their music is really good I just got through a couple of their songs and I really like them
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Nice one, cheers. They're playing the Fav in febuary, might check em out.
What do you think their chances are though?
Personally I think they're going to struggle to win it if they stick to not wanting to change, I think the judges will find them too hard to work with, but they clearly are the best of the lot. Glad to see that Ginger lot go, couldn't understand why a Richard Hell & The Voidoids type group were in it. The girl from Mancini's hot...

Alex James is a bit of an odd one though, he drinks his wife's breast milk for starters...
He said one thing that was slightly odd as well in one of the first shows to a funk metal/rock band, he said funk and rock should never be combined, but when he was in Blur quite a few of his basslines were reasonably funky.

Anyway, glad they're going down well here.

RateYourMusic
Yeh i reckon the all girl group will go out next. Then the Bad robots. But yeh i thought the ginger group were pretty awful. Their singer was horrible to listen to. But what has shocked me is on the whole the poor standard of the bands. Admittedly i quite like Hijak Oscar but i wouldn't listen to any of the others, given that one of them is going to end up signed, i feel fairly shocked. And yes the girl from Mancini is hot
Yeah, overall it's a rather average line-up. They're all decent, but it's only Hijak Oscar that are really offering much of interest.

RateYourMusic
yeah they are a superb band, i just bought the album and its spot on......

well worth a listen!
I saw this crap show a few times. I completely agree all the other bands were total rubbish but this band ruled, the only reason I kept it on.

Who ended up winning that competition anyway?

I really liked their rocked up cover of Death Letter Blues I saw on the show, was a great take on an already great song.