i was looking at a computer i wanna get online, and it costs 225$ for a 250gb 5400rpm hard drive, but its 275$ for a 200gb hard drive at 7200rpm... whats the difference between the two? is the speed really important?
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
if your going to be exporting/importing or moving around large files than the higher rpm the better really
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
It really depends what your trying to do with the laptop. The speed is basically how fast it gets read unless you need a super high end computer you will be fine with the 5400 rpm. I have both speeds on two separate systems and i cant tell the difference.

Hope that helped
There are slight differences in speed - only slight matters of about 1-2 MB/s, though (depending a bit on the brand). It's reccomended that you get 7200rpm if you're planning to run a lot of games/applications because 7200rpm means a lot better access time (time it takes to find a file), while 5200 is by far good enough for file storage. Some fanatics will recommend 10000rpm for disks meant for OS, application and game usage.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by echoe09
It really depends what your trying to do with the laptop. The speed is basically how fast it gets read unless you need a super high end computer you will be fine with the 5400 rpm. I have both speeds on two separate systems and i cant tell the difference.

Hope that helped

it helped alot, thanks
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus