Alright guys, I know that there are indeed some of these threads, but I am lookin at two specific amps. I play a Fender Stratocaster and all calssic rock, but mainly stuff like Zep, Cream, AC/DC and Pink Floyd. I play some old school metal, like Black Sabbath, and SRV style blues. Out of:

A: Peavey Valve King combo
B: Fender Blues Junior/any of the Blues series

which would accentuate my guitar and music styles the most? I love both of these amps, and I have played them a lot through my guitar. Seeing that I somewhat of a "tube n00b", which one would work best? I'm also open to other suggestions, but I can't go over $600. Thanks...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Definatly the blues junior, real nice amp, Valvekings are alright but i see them as being very much a beginner vavle amp, not very relaible either
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
the normal blues junior is very underwhelming IMO. if you pick up one, leave the store with an eminence or celestion replacement too.
^I don't know if I would be able to replace the speaker immediately. Now for another question. Would it be possible to use these suggested to power a cabinet?
--

--
Oh, I forgot.... Would the Blues Jr. work for the later Beatles work if I got a decent overdrive, like the BBE Green Screamer?
--

--
I'd go for a blues junior, and some type of OD or Fuzzbox for Sabbath
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Valveking. I play classic rock/blues. Had mine for a year and still cooking. Good cleans and more than enough gain.
I guess I'll just have to test them both again, even if the Jr. has more votes. I'm goin to GC on wednesday.

New question that still goes along with selection. I know the Peavey will, but will the Junior be loud enough to drown out a band?
--

--
Peavey classic. I dont like the VK for anything close to bluesy and its more modern voiced. The fenders are good amps but i dont like the way the lower end models (not the pro tube series) colour your tone. The Peavey classic is more bang for your buck if you ask me. Takes pedals well too.
Quote by Galapogos
Try a Peavey Classic 30

Best suggestion in the thread. Buy one used for under $400 and live happily ever after. Much better than either amp you're looking at for the music you want to play, and at 30W, it's a very nice, portable, giggable amp.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Ehh... the Classic is pushing the budget. I still have to get an OD, too.
--

--
Quote by slatsmania
Best suggestion in the thread. Buy one used for under $400 and live happily ever after. Much better than either amp you're looking at for the music you want to play, and at 30W, it's a very nice, portable, giggable amp.

Wow. I didn't even think about used..... Anybody know a ballpark used price for the 30 from GC? Just from experience. It doesn't have to be dead on accurate.
--

--
GC is doing that 20% sale this week, so a $600 Classic 30 should sell for $480. That oughta do it for you.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I love my blues junior, but if you're willing to spend the money, a classic 30 beats it for versatility. Unless you want that quintessential fender tone, which only a fender can deliver (my opinion), I would recommend the classic 30.

Both amps are good choices, and both would take nicely to a speaker upgrade. And an OD/Boost pedal. Look used or take advantage of GC sales.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Alright, guys, thanks a lot. I appreciate the help.
--

--
Also as a suggestion, I recomend the Peavey Classic 30, second hand its a great deal. Also if you still need an OD pedal, i know its not That great, but it does the job until you can afford more, the Bad Monkey is a great TS-esque pedal for the price.
^Yeah, I just found out that I should be getting a couple of BBE pedals for Christmas, including the Green Screamer. So I have the OD covered.

I'm definately gonna check out the Classic 30 this Wednesday.... Thanks for your suggestions.
--

--
Quote by slatsmania

+1

you aren't a million miles off a traynor with $600 either, i believe.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?