I was just wondering what you guys think the most versatile tube amp ever made is. So what do you think?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
my carvin v3 is ultra versatile. best cleans crunch and mesa style modern gain outside mesa and so many features. Mark iv is versatile but doesnt get any marshall style crunch.
Dumble overdrive special.

Because the cleans are amazing, the overdrive is amazing, and I've heard one do some pretty serious high gain stuff. It's a miracle if you even find one for sale, then theres the whole thing of paying for it.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Carvin V3...someone already said that and he was dead right!
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by V12prowler

Because the cleans are amazing, the overdrive is amazing, and I've heard one do some pretty serious high gain stuff. It's a miracle if you even find one for sale, then theres the whole thing of paying for it.

Never even heard of it. Sounds interesting though.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by V12prowler

...im sorry but i find you a tard for even bringing that up. name-dropping isn't cool. that and it doesnt get high gain in the least.
Quote by TehJermie
...im sorry but i find you a tard for even bringing that up. name-dropping isn't cool. that and it doesnt get high gain in the least.

OK??

What the **** are you talking about name dropping?
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
my vote goes to either the Mesa Boogie Road King or the Marshall JVM/
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Mesa Mark IV/Roadking, H&K Triamp, Brunetti 059...it actually is like...2 amps in one--it has like a 20 watt Class A amp and a 100 wat Class AB amp I believe....Possibly the Engl E670 or Invader, or the Engl Midi Preamp, or Mesa Triaxis.......i don't know that there is ONE most versitile amp....
engl's special edition E 670. it does pretty much everything ever. i couldnt bond with it at all though.
The new Spider Valve amp, of course!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania

Yes!!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Twin Reverb.

It can get pretty intense even though it's rep is for cleans.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
^For versatility?! Do you live under a rock? o_O

Bogner Uberschall? I haven't tried many high high-end amps...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^ the twin accepts pedals beautifully and has been used in almost every genre involving the electric guitar. a true classic, and truely versatile.
Oh... I thought he meant using the twin by itself...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by TehJermie
^ the twin accepts pedals beautifully and has been used in almost every genre involving the electric guitar. a true classic, and truely versatile.

Yup. What he said.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by slatsmania

I second that. Like it or not it is far away the most versatile tube amp made.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Oh... I thought he meant using the twin by itself...

I would consider that to be what's meant by "versatile," too; the variety of styles/sounds the amp can handle on it's own. Many amps more versatile than the Twin take pedals well, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i ve never played one but how about those randalls that yo ucan swap in and ou the modules on...it looks like a pretty sick set up for a large variance in tones
Actually the Dumble ODS does do some wicked high gain stuff. There were two for sale recently by the same guy and he made high gain clips that sounded amazing. If you want to talk amazing versatile amps, another would be Trainwrecks!
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
I'm probably going to have to say the roadking

4 channels, (1 Clean, Fat, Tweed; 2 Clean, Fat, Brit; 3 Raw, vintage, modern; 4 Raw Vintage modern) with each channel having a tad bit more gain that the previous, and channel 4 having a cut mids boosted bass and treble feel to it. Bold and Spongy, the abilty to assign specific tubes per channel (2 6L6s, 2 EL34s, 2+2, 4 6l6s, 2+4), the option of tube or diode rectification. The option of pentode or diode for the EL34s, the ability to assign specific effects loops to specific channels, and finally the ability to send specific channels to specific cabs.

4(channels)
x12 different tone options
x5 tube combinations
x2 bold or spongy
x2 tube or diode rectification
x1.6 EL34 triode or pentode (whether or not you use them)
x2 if you use 2 different cabs or the roadking cab.

960 options if you use one cab and just triode or pentode. If you include the option to select triode or pentode, and the roadking cab deal there are about 3072 options onboard.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by RHCPfan01
Actually the Dumble ODS does do some wicked high gain stuff. There were two for sale recently by the same guy and he made high gain clips that sounded amazing. If you want to talk amazing versatile amps, another would be Trainwrecks!

if you mean "high gain" as in recto, youd be dead wrong. they are very "loose" saggy amps. its a really liquidy american lead, ALA santana.
Yeah, I've been looking into a Mark IV in the long run. I wont have the money for a while but we do lots of originals and covers ranging from Collective Soul to Haste The Day so i need an amp that can handle both decently. The point of this thread wasn't to find a new amp though I just wanted to know what people thought the most versatile tube amp was.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm