9 20%
1 x 15's
16 35%
2 x10 AND 1 x 15
6 13%
something else
12 26%
Voters: 46.
Just wondering what speaker combination people use .

1. 2 x 10's
2. 4 x 10's
3. 1 x 15's
4 2 x 10's with 1 x 15

Some other set up ?
I have a 2x10 and a 1x15 in a single enclosure: the Yorkville YBX1510. Only handles like 350W max though - they have a newer one which handles 600W! I got mine for $300 used so whatever
actually, i use an Ampeg B2R into an Ampeg 4x10 cab, on one side of the drummer. and a line out to a Fender Bassman 200(1x15), on the other side of the drummer.
I have a 4x10 now, and I plan to add a Carvin 1x18 later on
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Can I take my amp (in my sig) and run a line out to a cab? because I need a 2x10 for more volume and because 115s can't handle the highs/mids well
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Yes
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

Quote by PunkRocker33133
Can I take my amp (in my sig) and run a line out to a cab? because I need a 2x10 for more volume and because 115s can't handle the highs/mids well

yes! it may not add more volume, but it will increase your mid to high responce.
Im planning on buying an ashdown 4x10 THEN adding a 1x15 when I get some more monies
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
ok, so I only get 50w each cab that sucks because I need all 100w but want the extra response, I may do it anyway tho and get another amp at one point(with a 210) and line out the 115 into the other amp, but IDK if that would work either. Should I just start my own damn thread and stop wasting this guys?
Quote by thefitz

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

I hate carrying stuff, so I'll usually borrow or rent an Ampeg 8x10, a Mesa 8x10, or a Mesa 4x12.

When I eventually buy a cabinet it will probably be one of those, or maybe a Carvin 8x10.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
No this is fine. To be honest, you're giving a useless thread a legitimate purpose. Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but by adding another cab of the same impedance as your current cab, you would half the impedance, therefore wouldn't the wattage put out by the head roughly double, and you would get 100 watts in each cab? Also, even if you only got 50 watts to each, you're still getting the full 100 watts, so if that's good enough you'll be fine with the extension cab. It won't add any volume, but it will add loudness.
Thank you Jazz_Rock_Feel, and ok because theres this used gear warehouse not to far from where I live and I'm gonna go out and look for a 2x10 and Yay i may get my J-Bass(at least pick it out), and so I'm making this thread worthwhile that makes me feel good, but does it make me a new noob not to kno this stuff?
Quote by thefitz

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

Quote by Deliriumbassist
This kid knows the way, lol.

Sigged

And to avoid spamming..

I can get a 2x10 for cheaper thus sooner but its only 200 watts @ 8 ohms. The head im looking at is 307 watts, whats the risk (if any..I suck at amps) of the speakers blowing up? Would adding the 1x15 in the future help?
I own:
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

Quote by Zen5887
Sigged

And to avoid spamming..

I can get a 2x10 for cheaper thus sooner but its only 200 watts @ 8 ohms. The head im looking at is 307 watts, whats the risk (if any..I suck at amps) of the speakers blowing up? Would adding the 1x15 in the future help?

Ashdown MAG300H by any chance?

you'll be fine. The head itself has 8ohm impedence, so you'll be getting 153.5 watts into each cab.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ashdown MAG300H by any chance?

you'll be fine. The head itself has 8ohm impedence, so you'll be getting 153.5 watts into each cab.

Thats the one!

Sweet..I might still get the 4x10.. Depends if I can stand waiting =P
I own:
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

I use my 1x15 combo and run a 2x10 from it. Plus I get a great tone if I run a line out into my (well, part owned) PA system, which has two 1x15/horn cabs and a great big 18" woofer. I can crank some monster low end out.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Right now, all I'm playing through is my Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo. However, now that I have my 900W Carvin stereo head, I'm probably going to run it 2x10 + 1x18 at 4 ohms per side. Then when I get even MORE money, I'll buy a 212 and a 115, and I'll have a 2x10 + 2x12 + 1x15 + 1x18 pushing out 900W (as opposed to a 2x10 + 1x18 pushing out 600W).

However, I am considering a 2x10 and a 2x12 that switches between 8 and 4 ohms so I can run them in both 4 and 2 ohms per side - however the cheapest ones I can find are Aguilar and even then they're still quite expensive together. But then again, I'll be talked into a cheap 4 ohm 410 that can handle the 300W. Any suggestions?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
For now..

Ampeg SVT 15" with a Gallien Krueger Backline 2x10"
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by thefitz
Right now, all I'm playing through is my Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo. However, now that I have my 900W Carvin stereo head, I'm probably going to run it 2x10 + 1x18 at 4 ohms per side. Then when I get even MORE money, I'll buy a 212 and a 115, and I'll have a 2x10 + 2x12 + 1x15 + 1x18 pushing out 900W (as opposed to a 2x10 + 1x18 pushing out 600W).

However, I am considering a 2x10 and a 2x12 that switches between 8 and 4 ohms so I can run them in both 4 and 2 ohms per side - however the cheapest ones I can find are Aguilar and even then they're still quite expensive together. But then again, I'll be talked into a cheap 4 ohm 410 that can handle the 300W. Any suggestions?

I don't have any suggestions, but that 2x10 + 2x12 + 1x15 + 1x18 is going to be extremely sexy. Cab pyramid much?
I use a lone 15 at the moment but I plan to add a 2x10/4x10 when I have the funds.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Charlatan_001
I don't have any suggestions, but that 2x10 + 2x12 + 1x15 + 1x18 is going to be extremely sexy. Cab pyramid much?

I guess I need to get a 5th cab!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I use a 1x10 Epifani neodynium cab. Very small and very light. Until I learn how to drive, it is the best I can get without spending stupidily crazy money. TBH, even if I did drive I'd probably just add the matching 1x15 cab.