I have a choice to get either an American stratocaster or a Japanese one... so which one should I get? I plan on playing stuff like in these videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UR5xPpkR-V0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w8Z8U-PN_QY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OihSOyU31RI

I dunno the answer may be obvious after looking at the vids, but I'm kind of wondering whether the choice depends on the music style, or if one of the guitars is simply better than the other.
If you had the choice, why are you even considering the Japanese one? Guitar manufacturers generally only outsource to other countries for cheaper labor (and therefore lower quality). Get the American one, all the way.
Depends really on what you want to pay. They aren't too disimilar but it is generally considered:

MiM < MiJ < MiA

However, it is worth noting that mid 80's MiJ Fender's are particularly good. Modern MiA are great and say are modern MiJ, if you can get them. It's worth playing both and deciding if the extra money is worth it for the MiA with very little differentiating them from MiJ.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I love Jap fenders - but if you've got a choice then I guess USA is usually the more sensible bet.
Personally, I would buy a decent Japanese one and save the rest of my cash towards hardware upgrades, a better amp or maybe a new pedal....though I'm sure a lot of american strat players would disagree!
Go with the American stratocaster
Main Admin and creator of Chicnstu.
-Peavey + Washburn Amps
-Zakk Wylde Overdrive Distortion stompbox
-EVH Phase-90 Phaser stompbox
-Crybaby Limited Edition Wah
-Crybaby 535Q Wah
-Crybaby Slash Wah
-Coffin Blood Drive Distortion stompbox
Ok thanks, but what is the overall difference between the two? Also, I have the choice of the Japanese, with "sync tremelo and Fender soft carrying case, Ibanez Classic Metal CM-5 soundtank, Crate GX-15 amplifier and Intellitouch tuner" or just an American alone for the same price. Just wondering, what makes the American better than the Japanese? Because while I have always liked American, I also like the idea of getting a rare Japanese one.. Ive also always liked the sound in the videos with Japanese strats.. so it seems to be a tough choice...

EDIT: Also, comparing these two isnt an option, as they are in two different cities I plan on going to..
well if ur going to play like metal, there are japanese strats with floyd roses. but if u had a choice....in your case i would go with the american. the sync tremolo is just the fancy name for a standard fender whammy bar
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
i'm getting a japanese one this winter when i go over to japan.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
i'm getting a japanese one this winter when i go over to japan.

Bring a couple more for us.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^i need to bring like 5 already just for UG hahaha.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest

u can make it 6 now ^^
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Quote by ECistheBest

Your actually bringing guitars, how much are you charging?

Got to go to Japan one day...or just save the airfare and use it to buy an American strat...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^lol. airfare is expensive. but MIJ strats are like... $500~600.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
If you've you got themoney, go American.

If you decide to go with Jap one, I'd say look at Classic Player's Strat. It's MIM but IMO they sell it for a lot less than it's worth. I have the 60's one and I love it. I just don't have it here at school because I don't it to be stolen and I really miss not playing it.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Quote by lololololol
Ok thanks, but what is the overall difference between the two? Also, I have the choice of the Japanese, with "sync tremelo and Fender soft carrying case, Ibanez Classic Metal CM-5 soundtank, Crate GX-15 amplifier and Intellitouch tuner" or just an American alone for the same price.

Jesus christ that amp is terrible, don't even include it in options
That was my first amp.
now look at it:
Just an iPod speaker
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Main differences are going to be build/wood quality, QC levels, and hardware quality. That said, the Jap. strats are damn near the US ones, but I think the US Strats beat them slightly in terms of feeling just a little bit higher quality.