so my birthday was at the end of september. i got an Ibanez RG for like $270, and dunlop wah pedal. Christmas is comin up, so i was thinkin of what to get. I went on musicians friend and looked at the Dean Ml's, because thats what i originally wanted for my birthday, and found the MLX for $200. Do I buy another guitar? Or should i save up for sumthin else? I thought about gettin a Randall amp kuz they have a good crunchy sound but i might not have the best pickups. i still hav the pickups it came with (i think theyre just ibanez pickups)
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
Quote by blasphemus666
so my birthday was at the end of september. i got an Ibanez RG for like $270, and dunlop wah pedal. Christmas is comin up, so i was thinkin of what to get. I went on musicians friend and looked at the Dean Ml's, because thats what i originally wanted for my birthday, and found the MLX for $200. Do I buy another guitar? Or should i save up for sumthin else? I thought about gettin a Randall amp kuz they have a good crunchy sound but i might not have the best pickups. i still hav the pickups it came with (i think theyre just ibanez pickups)

You arent going to get any descent high gain randall-type amps for the same price of a MLX. Save up and spend your money on a GOOD amp, not a solid state amp where you pay for the name.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by HIM%(^
get a peavey valve king for the same price....they sound great.

they do, and they are VERY veritle, you can play anything with them
Quote by HIM%(^
get a peavey valve king for the same price....they sound great.

what company is it? got any pics?
Quote by campbell92

!!PanterA!!

nevermind, i found some pics. You say it can play anything? does it have good distortion AND good clean sounds?
Quote by campbell92

!!PanterA!!

Yes the Valveking is a very nice amp, especially for the price. I had a Randall RG100, and it was surprisingly nice and I only paid about $175 for it used. Of course it doesn't match up to something like a Marshall DSL or a 5150. All in all though, the VK is an amazing amp, if you plan on playing really heavy music, you may want to look into an Overdrive pedal. I didn't think I needed one personally, but I've heard people say it sounds loads better with one.