I just ordered some Fender Schaller locking tuners for my MIM strat. I was wondering how hard it is to install these. Is there like a tutorial on what I will need to install them, and the steps to install? Any help is appreciated!
Take out the old tuners, screw the new ones in.

If it's a RI model, or somehow different to a typical modern strat, you might have to re-drill the holes to fit the new tuners - you'll probably be alright though.
Quote by kyle62
Take out the old tuners, screw the new ones in.

If it's a RI model, or somehow different to a typical modern strat, you might have to re-drill the holes to fit the new tuners - you'll probably be alright though.

yeah but how would i take em out? like with what tool? sorry im a n00b
They're very nice locking tuners first off. I'm installing a set plus one on my guitar

now, to answer you're question. Yes, you're going to need a wrench, and depending on what kind "possibly" a screwdriver. But that would only be to tigheten the actual "tuning key" part of it, something you probably wont need to do.

Just unstring, and unscrew the nut. It's pretty easy, just screw the other ones inplace. you might have to adjust you're inotation slightly because the locking tuners might stick out farther, or not as far, as you're old tuners.

This is assuming the holes are all right. If they arent, then you still have some options.

If the holes are too small you're just going to have to get the right size drill bit and drill through the headstocks original holes again, roughly testfitting beforehand to make usre all the tuners will actually fit on the headstock. that shouldtnt be a problem.

If for some reason you find the holes are way to big for the tuners, its still not a big deal, althouhg more work definatly. You can either glue in plugs to the old holes, then redrill with the right size, or take some of the 30 minutes apoxy and filly the hole. Might be hard to set up, but it should work. then redrill through that!.

Have fun
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
I've put Sperzels in a Strat before. The stock holes are a bit too small. They're pretty nice tuners. Make sure you install them with the proper stagger so you can forego the use of the string trees.
Hi, I'm Peter
Honestly, I don't mean to be mean but are you retarded? How hard is it to take off tuners and install new ones? I installed a set of schaller locking m6's in 10 minutes flat, this included boring out the new holes, alignment, drilling and installation.