Hey whats up how do i get my guitar to stop shocking me its really pissing me off. It's an epiphone les paul.
Electrical. I think it's coming from the screws i covered that ones in the back with electrical tape but it would be too hard to do the ones in front.
Pics? LOL JK

Im not sure. Im guessing it HAS to do with the amp cable... what about unplugged? It cant electrically shock you unplugged unless you have Active Pickups...
my friend had the exact same problem, with the exact same guitar he said something about the outlet not being grounded or the guitar noe being grounded, i dont quite remember u should ask him

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/NightEmbers/
Quote by THE PIT
OMG ZEROHERO UR THE MOST AWESOMEST DUDE EVER

InfeRno" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club

Gear:
sucky squire
Kramer
Dean ML
gnx3 pedal
sucky fender squire amp

:stickpoke
You aren't grounded properly. Check your bullet cables and the power cables to whatever amp you're using.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Yeah, it's a bit technical. Maybe you should have an electrician look at the outlets and see if the amp or your power is properly grounded. Either way, something's seriously wrong.
yeah thanks i think its cause the outlet I'm plugged into doesn't have a hole for that extra prong so I'm using an adapter, which it says not to do.
Quote by The_Crumpet
yeah thanks i think its cause the outlet I'm plugged into doesn't have a hole for that extra prong so I'm using an adapter, which it says not to do.

There you go. That must be the problem. Have an electrician install grounded outlets...there are certain codes and safety regulations that prevent you from doing it yourself. Then you can play without spazzing from the shocks.
Quote by Fast_Fingers
There you go. That must be the problem. Have an electrician install grounded outlets...there are certain codes and safety regulations that prevent you from doing it yourself. Then you can play without spazzing from the shocks.

+1
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
I've got an Epi LP Junior that shocks when I play muted power chords. It feels more like a low current transfer. It makes my hand real warm and tingly. I don't have that problem with my SG plugged into the same amp so I figure its the guitar. It's actually kind of fun, makes you feel like your rockin that much harder.
Quote by Fast_Fingers

Yeah. Never plug use an ungrounded outlet when what you're plugging in has a 3 prong plug, as it can kill you.