Ok so im getting two pedals for christmas, Ive already settled on an Origonal Dunlop Crybaby but I'm not sure If i should get a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal or not. I hear alot of good things about them, but im wondering if there is anything better close to the pricerange. Ive also heard some good stuff about the Bad Monkey distortion pedal. I play mostly classic rock and some 80's metal, Iron maiden, Jimi hendrix and Clapton, Rolling stones. Right now i have a Crate 30w but after i get a job and save enough i know for sure im going for a Peavey Classic 30 or 50.
do you want a distortion or an overdrive? the DS-1 is a distortion, but the Bad Monkey is an OD.
I wouldnt settle on a crybaby... they're awful wahs. I had one and absolutely hated it.

For a similar price, the Vox 847 is far superior for low to medium gain work. Morley makes nice wah's for high gain. Seems like the vox would be best for you.

TBH, buying an OD is a waste with a solid state amp... and none of the pedals that seem to be in your price range are a worthwhile expense. Save your money for something you really will be pleased with for years.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
i wouldnt call crybabys bad wahs at all. the 535Q is extremely versatile and amazing for higher gain type music, something the vox does NOT do well at all.
Quote by lilchimp818
i wouldnt call crybabys bad wahs at all. the 535Q is extremely versatile and amazing for higher gain type music, something the vox does NOT do well at all.

x2

my GCB95F fasel wah is decent on cleans, but I like the sound with high gain...but then again, I haven't tried the Wylde or the Weeping Demon yet.

Personal Preference, IMO