I've been playing the intro to Snow by RHCP for about two hours, slowly getting it to full speed and I'm starting to forget my form where to hammer on etc and I don't know if this is good or bad lol. Should I stop and play tomorrow ? Has this happened to anyone else?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
yea dude i know what you mean. You get it in muscle memory and then try and rethink it and its like "****.."
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Shouldn't play it frequently increase muscle memory and keep this from happening...?
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I started playing that song and i got somewhat good at playing it, then all of a sudden i couldnt play it at all. My fingers just arent fast enough yet.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
just stop, sleep on it or something, your brain is probably getting tired of it
this happens to me sometimes, but i just stop for awhile, pick it up the next day, and bam it all comes flowing back
I'm a bit worried, I nailed this little melodic minor scale bit to a blessthefall song friday night, went to bed and saturday I couldn't hit it as good ;\. Still can't.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Yea, this happens to me occasionally. For me, it seems to be the way my brain says it's tired. Just take a break for a day or two and come back to it. You'll be amazed at how fluid you are.

On a side note, this is super embarrassing when you wrote the song. It happens sometimes when band practice goes forever and we just keep working the same song, i start to mess up the notes i wrote. Then my band mates laugh. And i refrain from knifing them somehow.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
We're like "It's bass guitar..." and she was like "No, it's a normal guitar, but the strings a filled with air, so the strings are bigger, it gives it a deeper sound. It's called an air guitar."

Proud player of the Air Guitar.
pretty much what pucci6d6 said is true, I played the third movement of Moonlight sonata so much that it turned to crap that day.

Also sometimes you have off days, you just got to chill for a bit and start up and work through it.

That's all I have to say on this
i did that with one last breath from creed. i use it for my lessons but i still tell my lessons this isnt the exact way to play it lol
empty the bullets from the chamber
Hmm.. heh

At this point, stop practicing that, and practice something else. Get a full night's sleep (very important). Approach it le lendemain. You'll see a huge improvement.
i'm in a similar situation. my teacher makes me memorize tons of scales and last night i practiced them for 2 hours and only remembered some today.
Nice, can you play it now JD? Haha it's kinda funny because sometimes I'm not payin attention and I hit it all, and then other times I have stop and look at my guitar. Lol.

I've played stuff so much that if I concentrated on it too much I would **** up rather than just playing it.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
yeah just take a break from it
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
Quote by tr3nt
Nice, can you play it now JD? Haha it's kinda funny because sometimes I'm not payin attention and I hit it all, and then other times I have stop and look at my guitar. Lol.

yea, I kept screwing up when you would play the main riff on the 6th fret of the low E instead of sliding to the 8th on the A. I also found it easier to play with finger picking, but its not to hard if you slow it down and use a metronome. Its a fun song to play once you get the whole thing down.
Quote by JD Red LP
yea, I kept screwing up when you would play the main riff on the 6th fret of the low E instead of sliding to the 8th on the A. I also found it easier to play with finger picking, but its not to hard if you slow it down and use a metronome. Its a fun song to play once you get the whole thing down.

I pretty much have it now I think, I'm at school atm and I got some auditions for trumpet after school. But then I'll go home and rock it

edit; nooooo we are listening to Fall Out Boy in keyboarding.

yeah dude, i blank out on my paganini's 16th llol i totally forgot like half of it even though its like 2 pages, and i dont wanna go and relearn it. lol happens to me when i sit down and learn new stuff also, probably just the finger muscles getting tired
im trying to learn building the church, paganinis 5th, and jordan for my lessons and i keep getting all ADHD as im going through the tabs. building the church alone is 28 pages
empty the bullets from the chamber
No, just the opposite Actually.

Like this one time at camp, I was just sitting there with my guitar in my lap talking to someone, and some random person was just like, "what song is that?"

i was like "hmm.... let me think.. oh... *like 10 second pause*, its Free Bird"

I wasn't even thinking about what I was playing. So, it threw me off guard when someone asked
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.