I went to go install my new straplocks and I got the one on the bottom in fine but with the one on the top I came across some trouble. I tried screwing it in but it was too loose, it would jiggle around. I realized the new screw was thinner than the original screw but it still worked on the bottom. So I tried putting the original strap button back on but now that is also loose and jiggles around. I think tho hole got f***ed up in the process. So I don't know what to do and need some help. I have an Ibanez S470 and it's the only guitar I got and I don't want to ruin it by using some stupid methods of trying to fix the problem. Help is greatly appreciated.
i had that same problem just a few weeks ago and the toothpick idea is the way to go.
Any specific instructions on the toothpick thing or just throw it in the hole and then drill the strap button or strap locks back in?
Yeah that's basically it, you could also try wood filler, same deal though; shove it in the whole and put your strap buttons back on.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
put as many toothpicks in there as will fit. add wood glue and screw in thru the toothpicks.

let it dry and it will last a long while.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
what's up?

put the toothpicks in.

or tap in a wooden dowel wait for glue to set and redrill a new hole.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If your not going to use the strap locks I put a bigger diameter longer stainless screw in mine. You gotta ream out the button a little for it to go thru. Caught my LP before it hit the floor when the original screw came. I doubt it will ever come out now. If your gonna use the strap locks then your going to need to fill the hole. A dowel and glue would work better than most other methods.
SEVERAL toothpics, then pour some wood glue in the hole, and let it set. THAT is the way you do it.
bump?
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by WFMedia
SEVERAL toothpics, then pour some wood glue in the hole, and let it set. THAT is the way you do it.

Do what this guy says. I did it with my Ibanez and it worked perfect, no drilling required.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah