Page 1 of 2
How is Creationism considered Science?
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
So in other words an Unnatural history museum?
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
lol at Eve feeding a squirrel a carrot with the raptors in the background (image 5)
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
"Creation science" is the most wonderful example of an oxymoron.
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
Are you seriouse???? OMG i never know people out there were really this stupid and brainwashed. I feel sorry for those kids
omg i havnt laughed so hard in a while. the signs were hilarious.

AAA thread
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I kind of want to go there with a "Hail Satan" t-shirt and see what would happen
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
1. Teach creation 'science.'
2. Set up creation museum
3. ????????
4. Profit!
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
where is this? if its near me, i wanna go
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by Garret.
I kind of want to go there with a "Hail Satan" t-shirt and see what would happen

This makes me regret not buying the goatwhore shirt that said something like

"Reject God, **** the Christians, Hail Satan"
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I see all you people really have no idea what "science" is.

All science is, is knowledge through observation.

And all this museum proves is that the knowledge acquired through science or observations are based more off one's own beliefs then any "truth".

It doesn't matter if you're a Christian, atheist, or Buddhist the knowledge you acquire is going to be based more off of your existing beliefs then any real truth.

Scientists don't find "truth", that's what philosophers are for, science finds reasoning for facts.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Last edited by Alex The Red at Nov 18, 2007,
oh man, this is priceless! where do you guys get the pictures-I NEED TO CATCH THEM ALL-but seriously, i really want to read them.
Quote by Alex The Red

And all this museum proves is that the knowledge acquired through science or observations are based more off one's own beliefs then any "truth".

Scientists don't find "truth", that's what philosophers are for, science finds reasoning for facts.

But science doesn't explain the supernatural. That is why this isn't science. Or at least according to my teacher and my biology book.

Science is the process in which we try to find answers and support our hypothesis with testing and finding evidence for it, but it has to be something natural.

You can't use science to find something supernatural.
You can however find a natural explanation for it.

Creationism and intelligent design is pseudoscience because it attempts to use the scientific method to explain things that are supernatural.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by The Evil Hat
oh man, this is priceless! where do you guys get the pictures-I NEED TO CATCH THEM ALL-but seriously, i really want to read them.

Its in the link all they way in the first post
Quote by Slaytanic6606
But science doesn't explain the supernatural. That is why this isn't science. Or at least according to my teacher and my biology book.

Science is the process in which we try to find answers and support our hypothesis with testing and finding evidence for it, but it has to be something natural.

Creationism and intelligent design is pseudoscience because it attempts to use the scientific method to explain things that are supernatural.

Seriously, though, someone needs to put this on 4chan so it becomes globally known and properly harassed.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by Garret.

I wear a Burzum shirt every time I go to a church.
Quote by Slaytanic6606

Creationism does not need theology or higher power.
w00t, thanks julio . and to echo, i meant the link to where they found the pictures

@Alex The Red: actually you have the two confused. scientists quest for knowledge and facts, as well as ways to understand the supernatural, like the bible. a philosopher seeks for understandings and meanings, not the truth, but what the truth means.

looking back on that i dont think i got my point across, but right now im too tired to do much more than laugh at the creation museum.
Science is simply observation. Reason does not exist for the most part, it's how we feel about reason. And our past is what makes us feel, or choose to feel something different.

Christianity is a set of beliefs out of which has come this museum. Atheism or Agnosticism or anything else is another set of beliefs, out of which comes other things. 'Creationism' is an expression of a belief, just like 'modern science' is an expression of another.

In the end, unless people agree on belief, then they will never agree as to what 'science' is. And it seems that everyone is far, far away from agreeing on belief.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
Quote by En_zed
1. Teach creation 'science.'
2. Set up creation museum
3. ????????
4. Profit!

+1

It would be awesome if the people running it were just doing it for the lulz... but they're not... so I get the leftover lulz to myself!

For the record: Creation Science is not science. It's barely even pseudoscience.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by SkyValley

Seriously, though, someone needs to put this on 4chan so it becomes globally known and properly harassed.

I got a golfclap!

Off to 4chan I go.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by Alex The Red

It doesn't matter if you're a Christian, atheist, or Buddhist the knowledge you acquire is going to be based more off of your existing beliefs then any real truth.

Science is based on observation, but the observations are used to put together laws and theories, which (according to philosophy) must make a firm statement about nature and the world we live in to be valid laws and theories.

philosophers dont find "truths", they simply find various ways of both proving and disproving the truths already explained by science by using big words and never-ending circular arguments. and anyway, how can knowledge be based on beliefs? aren't they completely different almost by definition?

back on topic, this place reminds me of a quote i heard somewhere (probably tv!)
"Thank God for Science!!"
The fact that this museum even exists is evidence enough that "creation science" is a joke. If it were self-evident scientific fact, there would be no need for a museum.
Death to Ovation haters!
i see the creationist explanation for dinosaurs. but what exactly is their defense against the existence of pokemon!
#DTWD
Quote by Schecter10
Lmao they they claim God created everything and then say that evolution is real.
Although that picture is far from accurate, evolution does not contradict whether or not a creator exists.
Quote by PatchworkMan
The fact that this museum even exists is evidence enough that "creation science" is a joke. If it were self-evident scientific fact, there would be no need for a museum.

why? there is a natural history museum.
Quote by primusfan
i see the creationist explanation for dinosaurs. but what exactly is their defense against the existence of pokemon!

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by PatchworkMan

your theory is quite flawed...science is a "self-evident" fact, and yet almost every museum is dedicated to it. therefore, museums on a whole are unnecessary? but yeah, this place actually looks kinda cool to go to in a weird, "hey look she's feeding a squirrel a carrot while velociraptors are hunter her down, awesome" kinda way
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by The Madcap
Although that picture is far from accurate, evolution does not contradict whether or not a creator exists.

true, however pure creationism does contradict evolution
I went there... it's pretty awesome and the exibits have lots and lots of good information and explanations. Check out my profile, and my pic was taken there. If any of you do go there (it's in cincinnati), you'll really like it. It's not biased either. They have movies of actual scientists giving explanations and the global flood and everything. If you go in there with an open mind, it's actually a really good experience. Plus, the whole museum was designed by a guy that does special effects for universal studios. They've been open since like April, and they've already had 250,000 people come to the museum. We were really surprised at how packed it was. We have lots of books and movies that we bought there and they explain anything you'd want to know about creation. The company that made the museum also has a website called www.answersingenesis.org

it's called the creation museum..not the creation science museum. just so you know.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Last edited by calebrocker at Nov 18, 2007,
Page 1 of 2