Alright lets get this out of the way first, yes I have a Line 6 Spider III it sucks I know so thats why I am asking for some help. Seeing as the Clean Channel is just that, my Guitar amplified(which is a Epiphone Les Paul) if I was to add a distortion pedal, lets say the MXR M-104 Distortion, and then a OD pedal, an Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer would that replace the crappy distortion on my Spider? I play blues to rock and right now my Epiphone has stock pickups in them but they are soon to be replaced by some Alnico II's. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
The problem with that scenario is my parents. I could sell my MG(which is just gathering dust) and the Spider and not have enough cash for a new amp that would be much better I don't think
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
The MG is 10 and the Spider is 75, and besides the pedals are going to be the only thing I get for Christmas from my folks but if you could recommend a good amp for around 250-300 then by all means PM me.
Quote by barden1069
If you arent gigging, a crate v8 would be nice. A used crate v16 could be founf for under 300 and be good for getting over a drummer if no cleans are needed. Other then that, i dont really know of some good ones. Its just too badd you couldnt have 100 more bucks because you could get a used Peavey Classic 30 and an overdrive for some great tone and volume.