Has anyone here had any experience with the Fender Rumbles, the one I'm looking at is the 60w.

Hows the tone sounding, does it have much high end?
my old bassist had the 100 Watt.

the tone on it was O.K.

It wasn't great, but not bad.
No, Fender Rumbles are NOT known for their high end, hi-fi tones. It won't happen. I own a 15W combo, so it's not too... anything, but I've found the tones of the Rumble series to be very 'round' while the construction is fragile. IMO, they're nothing more than practice amps, regardless of the size.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I have one. The high end is OK, but I kind of wish I had a different amp that could do more.

So I'd get something different.
The.
can u guys recommend anything for the same price as the 60w?

i know about ampegs but theyre overpriced as a white hooker in new zealand

how about the WARWICK SWEET 15 BASS COMBO, its only $100 more.

whats everyones knowledge on the warwick bass amps?
Last edited by veg at Nov 18, 2007,
A few things:

1) I dont think the Rumbles are "fragile", I dropped my Rumble 15 down a flight of stairs and It worked fine afterwards.

2) A for the price you could do much better with an Ashdown, you get more prolly be able get more wattage and better tone.
Rumbles, are... Hmm... Have you ever seen the movie The Matador? When you watch it, it's kind of interesting with a few things that are cool going on. It pretty much defines when people say "It's okay". The Rumbles are like The Matador. They pretty much amplify (get it, it's a play on personify.) the word okay. They don't have a great tone, they don't have a great volume, and they don't have a lot of versatility, but they do all those things okay. A better choice would indeed be an Ashdown.
Quote by Captain Insano
A few things:

1) I dont think the Rumbles are "fragile", I dropped my Rumble 15 down a flight of stairs and It worked fine afterwards.

2) A for the price you could do much better with an Ashdown, you get more prolly be able get more wattage and better tone.

I broke 2 knobs off my Rumble 15, and I'm very careful with my gear. This was 2 separate occasions - and now my Rumble 15 has the treble cranked always!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Rumbles, are... Hmm... Have you ever seen the movie The Matador? When you watch it, it's kind of interesting with a few things that are cool going on. It pretty much defines when people say "It's okay". The Rumbles are like The Matador. They pretty much amplify (get it, it's a play on personify.) the word okay. They don't have a great tone, they don't have a great volume, and they don't have a lot of versatility, but they do all those things okay. A better choice would indeed be an Ashdown.

wtf.
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
any particular model ashdown? same price range as rumble 60 remember haha
Quote by hightension01

Tell her

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
I've always liked my Rumble 60. Mind you, it's nowhere near strong enough for a real gig, but I enjoyed most of the sound I got out of it, and the only time I truly disliked it is when I dropped it on my car window.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Mongoose87
I've always liked my Rumble 60. Mind you, it's nowhere near strong enough for a real gig, but I enjoyed most of the sound I got out of it, and the only time I truly disliked it is when I dropped it on my car window.

If it comes to gigging you can just DI it or mic it anyways...
Quote by hightension01

Tell her

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by Mongoose87

ahahaha what sorta tone did u use with it? what music do u play?
Quote by richrawr
If it comes to gigging you can just DI it or mic it anyways...

Yeah, but you'll want an amp loud enough to hear yourself at stage volume.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
Yeah, but you'll want an amp loud enough to hear yourself at stage volume.

"Hey can I get more bass through the foldbacks?"

Simple.
Quote by hightension01

Tell her

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by richrawr
"Hey can I get more bass through the foldbacks?"

Simple.

Then why not just buy a DI? And there's a world of difference between the sound coming from your amp and the sound coming through the monitors.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
Then why not just buy a DI? And there's a world of difference between the sound coming from your amp and the sound coming through the monitors.

Yeah, but you're still hearing yourself..
Quote by hightension01

Tell her

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by richrawr
Yeah, but you're still hearing yourself..

You are, but I believe that if you're going to bring an amp to a gig, you want to hear what's coming out of it - and 60W Fender Rumble won't cut the mustard!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
You are, but I believe that if you're going to bring an amp to a gig, you want to hear what's coming out of it - and 60W Fender Rumble won't cut the mustard!

Honestly, I don't know how you can ever be heard in practice over a drummer lower than 100W. I came this this realization when I upgraded to a Ampeg 3158 and my drummer remarked he could finally hear what I was playing.

Personally, I don't like the Rumble line. They are Ok for practice amps, but the tone is vanilla, and not a good vanilla. Just really, really flat.
Quote by veg
ahahaha what sorta tone did u use with it? what music do u play?

Classic rock, blues and jazz. High Treble, lots of mids.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by veg
can u guys recommend anything for the same price as the 60w?

i know about ampegs but theyre overpriced as a white hooker in new zealand

how about the WARWICK SWEET 15 BASS COMBO, its only $100 more.

whats everyones knowledge on the warwick bass amps?

get it man it's gold, 150watts, nice tone and that big 15 inch speaker with horn
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Compared to my Sweet 15, the Rumble series is just, okay incarnate.

It seems to me like the P bass tone in a amp, but not as good (strong bass and low mids, though it is quite muddy).
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
What about the 2x10 100w? Just for home practicing and maybe jamming with a guitarist? What's the tone like?
Not great. Doesn't bring out the best of your bass, or make it sound good. It's a bad rock tone. Muddy, unclear and all out boring.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by BosserBass
What about the 2x10 100w? Just for home practicing and maybe jamming with a guitarist? What's the tone like?

It's noticable better than the Rumble 60, but for the price you can do better elsewhere. I like my Rumble 100/210 but I think I could have done better.
How would the 2x10 sound with a Sansamp DI plugged in? That may help?

If that isn't a good option... what do you suggest? I'll be playing a Geddy Lee Sig Jazz and love the tone and growl out of it, and really dig his sound in Rush.