i just bought a gibson GA-20 for 60 bucks in the swaptmeet and expected it was ganna sound like crap because i figured old transister technology isnt ganna compare to modern SS amps

damn i was wrong this thing sounds 10 times bettor than my vox ad50vt
if you told me the thing had tubes in it i wouldnt think twice about it and a agree
infact its so good im ganna go trade my ad50vt for pedals to put on this baby

the thing was made back in 63 but is in good condition as far as 45 year old amps go
and like i said it sounds really good and it comes with tremmolo and reverb the reverb is ****ing awesome i havent known the true meaning of reverb up until now
i was planning on selling it figuring it would cost a bundle, since gibson hasnt made any amps in for evers, and buy a tube combo but im probly just ganna keep it and not buy anything at all

Just for curiosity does anyone know how something like this would go for, it has one rip on it the knobs and the light still works and other than the cosmetics it pretty much sounds like out of the box
thanks

**** i forgot to mention the higher i bring the reverb level up the buzzier it gets how could i solve this
Last edited by the-kid66 at Nov 18, 2007,
this one?
Attachments:
ga20.jpg
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
ga-20 is tube...
but yeah, gibson made some fantastic(still make a few) amps that people pretty much looked over.
mine says its GA-20 but it says that it uses no tubes and only transisters
sorry sorry its a G-20