Well, for as long as I've been playing the guitar, I have used 3 fingers on the pick and just do not have good technique overall. I was wondering if anybody knew of a video or lesson that showed a correct way to hold the pick and also where to anchor the hand.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Most people hold the pick between their thumb and index finger. Just curl your index finger up, place the pick there, and then press your thumb a little bit so you can control it comfortably. Most people anchor their hand on the bridge and then again some people think anchoring is a bad habbit that limits speed and freedom.
I think it's just personal preference. There are ways that MOST people hold a pick, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to hold it like that. Just do whatever works and is most comfortable.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by SoccerRM1
Well, for as long as I've been playing the guitar, I have used 3 fingers on the pick and just do not have good technique overall. I was wondering if anybody knew of a video or lesson that showed a correct way to hold the pick and also where to anchor the hand.

james hetfield uses 3 fingers >_>
Quote by fearstrike
james hetfield uses 3 fingers >_>

I highly doubt he holds the pick w/ his fingers extended, though. I did that for my first month or so of playing, then my guitar teacher said I ought to switch to the traditional thumb-and-curled-index-finger approach, and as soon as I got comfortable with it I found that I could pick far faster and more accurately.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows