yes
128 54%
no, but want to be in one
89 38%
no, and dont want to be in one
20 8%
Voters: 237.
Page 1 of 2
How much of UG is actually in a band and when did you join your first band?

personally i'm not, although i am auditioning for one soon. ive been playing bass for just over a year.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Im in one,
Ive been in one for about a year.
This isnt my first one either
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
I have a little project, but it's not too serious. So yes.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I'm in two bands. I joined my first band when I was 13. (Two years ago)
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
im in two bands. one i joined about a year ago, hardcore type hard rock lol.
and one, well, its my acoustic side project thingy. so not really a band but whatev

EDIT: And im turning 15 in february lol
Sort of, I'm technically in a band with my friend who plays guitar but we rarely play together and when we do he just ends up getting sidetracked and not wanting to play.

So I have to find some new people to play with =/
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I wish...

No one listens to my style of music here.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
i have the sexx pantherz which isn't really a band at all and i have this other project called Otter. currently we're working on recording an opera.
im not, and i dont really want to be in one. i need complete creative control over the music i make
I joined my first band at the beginning of last year and quit about June/July because I didn't get along with any of the other members. Now I'm in the process of getting a band together for next year, currently got a keyboardist and maybe a second guitarist. Hope to have a band and song ready for Rockquest.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
I'm in a band, we're all very technical players. We don't get much respect though because every band on the high school music scene is crap emo thrash bull****
i am and i joined it about a month ago after playing guitar for 2 years 10 months because I actually wanted to be able to write/play whatever so. It's pointless to join a band( a serious one) if u suck or haven't been playing very long
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
ive been in 2 bands

technically 5 cuz of all the line up changes, name changes, new members, members goin onto new instruments
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Since my first band 3 years ago, I've been in:
3 Punk Bands
2 Metal bands
1 Hardcore Band
1 blues Band

and Now I am in an Experimental Rock band.

I came in the midst of recording a demo, it's a lot of fun.
Yep. Formed it in the fall of last year.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
No, and i don't want to be. I've drummed in roughly six bands in the past 4 years with guitar players who have "rockstar syndrom" (that inflated sense of self importance), and have just become burned out with making music in a group as a result of it
Used to be. Back in San Diego. I moved to L.A., so not anymore, however I am searching.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I'm in two bands. One's thrash metal, the others more experimental (weve written punk, thrash, industrial, prog to some extent, funk). Neither bands have gotten anywhere past writing yet though.
sorta i might get replaced tho
my first band was 3 months into playing

ive been in 3

never got to do a show yet

ive been playing a year
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Nope and I don't see the point. I'd love to play in a band but a real one not the usual high school band that lasts a month or plays at talent shows.

Until then just practice and try to get really good at guitar and music.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Mcassidy42
I'm in a band, we're all very technical players. We don't get much respect though because every band on the high school music scene is crap emo thrash bull****

My more experimental band, once we get past writing, is gonna have huge problems because of this. ****ing Grindcore...
I record music, but I'm not in a band. Too hard to find anyone serious about music around here.
I'm currently with me(bass) 2 guitarists, a singer and a keyboard player, but cant find ANY drummers. does that count?
@ cory: sure, after all you are playing with other people. it isnt set in stone anywhere that to be a band you NEED a drummer
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I am an two bands, one is hard rock/ blues, and a ska one. The ska one has only practiced one time with all of our members though so idk how much of a future it has. Plus it is kinda full of idiots...
A band of my very own:

Pyknic
I've been in the 3 bands I'm currently in for about a year and a half now, for all of them. With new ones on the way 'cause some are breaking up.
im in one metalcore band and another ska band, but when i go to practice for the ska, we end up getting high and not really practicing... The other band is getting good. We've actually written a lot of material and all the other band members are great musicians. We just need a good drummer. We won't settle for ****.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Technically no. So far its just me and my bassist. But I have been in bands off and on. So far not long enough to play any shows. I have also been asked to be in two bands but either I didn't like their style or I just didn't like the people in the band. At the moment I am making a pretty generic melodic-death metal band just for the sake of having fun and playing shows. We have a drummer and a singer were talking to so I might get that going pretty soon. Im not at the skill level technically or theory wise to do what I really want to do. Thats why I am sticking with this band project for fun while I learn new **** in college.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
No, everyone out here is a corporate tool and can't handle actual metal.
I'm in two bands. One is a alt/stonery rock band and we've 0been together for almost 3 years. We've got a gig on the 28th. You should come.

The other one is pussy acoustic music. It's me and two girls and basically just an excuse for me to play as many instruments as possible. We're kinda on hiatus right now because the singer went to real college, but we're getting together to record over thanksgiving.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
im surprised that almost half of UG is bandless, i thought i was one of the only ones.
Not in one, but I used to be in one and we havent practiced in over 2 months and we never talk about it anymore so my guess would be no. I want to be in one though.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Im in one but its failing miserabley. Were trying to have an alternative sound but the drummer insists on drumming like rammstein Im hopping ship soon.
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
Page 1 of 2