Currently I play with...
Guitar: Stratocaster US
Amp: Roland Jazz Chorus
Pedals: Line 6 DL4, Fulltone Fulldrive 2, Earnie Ball Volume Pedal, and a Boss DS-1
Style: Contemporary Christian, Rock, Blues, Jazz

The amp is nice for jazz and blues but i play a wide variety of music, so the amp doesn't always work out, so I'm looking for another one.
I also want to increase my collection of pedals, anyone know what I should get next?
Your opinions would be much appreciated, thanks!
Last edited by justinkoh92 at Nov 18, 2007,
For pedals, how about a wah? Try a Dunlop Crybaby or a Vox. Or maybe a phaser, but I wouldn't say that for sure, I would need to know your style more.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
i play contemporary christian music (pretty rockish/alternative) as well as blues and jazz
chorus, wah, tuner, phaser, whammy
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I don't like the DS-1 all that much. I'd say replace that with something more potent. A nice tubescreamer would be a cool addition too I think.
WTLTL 2011
With regards the new amp, try one of the Fender valve amps...perhaps the Blues deluxe.

It will stay nice and clean for the jazz stuff, and will work beautifully with your fulldrive pedal to create blues/rock sounds.

And if it doesnt stay clean enough for the jazz stuff, you could always A/B select between the fender and the jazz chorus.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Either get your DS-1 keeley modded or invest in a new distortion box. ZVEX box of rock comes to mind...
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Peavey Classic 30.

As for pedals, you've got a simple yet good setup. If you want more pedals, depends what kind of sound(s) you're looking to get.
I'd go with a Vox wah
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I second the fender amp, it does jazz very well and also takes pedals well.
Definetely get rid of the ds 1 I hate mine.
Keeley mod would be a good idea because their resale value is terrible.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
The Jazz Chorus is a great amp, but it's limits become evident when you're looking to play bluesier stuff. You're also wasting a great pedal in the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 by putting it in front of any SS amp.

The move to something like a Fender Blues Deluxe or Peavey Classic would be a good one for you, IMHO. You'd keep your quality cleans, but add some genuine OD. The first pedal you'd want after the move would probably be a good chorus pedal like the Small Clone or Visual Sound H2O.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.