I really didn't want to make a thread just for that question, but as no one seems to look into the AMP Q&A...
I have a Marshall Valvestate 2x12 Combo here that belongs to a friend of mine, and I just wanted to know if I could run only one of the two outputs that go in to the 2 speakers into a separate cab, leaving the other one empty, or would I blow something? The Cab is rated 8 Ohm and each of the outputs say 8Ohm too.
That's because I don't have a head, (amp head that is) but I wanted to test this cab that I have standing around here.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
your combo has an OUTPUT?

if it is an OUTput, it should work fine
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Well, the amp part has two outputs that are connected to two jacks that go into the speaker part, yes.
if the cab is 8 ohms and so is the internal speaker. then unplug the internal speaker, then plug in the cab. it shoudl be fine. if now, downlaod the user manual on the marshall website

www.marshallamps.com
Yes, but as it is 2x12, it has two speakers, and I was wondering if it would be bad to leave one of the outputs unplugged, because I'd just run the other one into the cab.
Come on guys, you gear wizards know about this stuff.
I can't accept that you can't give me a straight answer on this, every one of the 20 daily "which amp for teh br00talz" threads get 50 replies...