I plan on getting 2 humbuckers for my mahogany guitar with bold on neck. Which pickups should i get? I prefer Dimarzio, but i guess other brand is okay. I really like the fat sound that satch gets, but i also like that distinctive tone that steve vai gets. Another thing i like is paul gilberts tone, which is the super distortion. Im aiming at the breed neck or Fred in the neck and Super Distortion in the bridge. is this a good idea? My amp is a palomino v8. Just got it about a week ago.
Emg Zw
Gear: Gibson SG standard EMG ZW pickups, vintage Acoustic combo, Boss ME-50, 12 string Ibanez.
If you like the tones of satch and Vai you probably wont like the EMGs. They can be a bit much for most kinds of music. Not to mention all the electronic guts have to be replaced to use em.
yeah, my friend had EMGs and everything sounded alright, but i didnt like it. Didnt hit the tone spot for me.
A really good, all-round set would be the Breed in the neck and the Norton in the bridge. I you get any of the others for the bridge you may find your tone a bit pigeonholed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by shtiming
How would a PAF pro and breed for neck be?

Good call. That's what I'd suggest. Tbh the PAF Pro is more Paul Gilbert's tone than the Super Distortion. The Breed neck should get you both Vai and Satriani with ease.
You'd be better off with a pair of Breeds, the neck one is pretty powerful, certainly hotter than a Paf Pro - you'd struggle to balance the two.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ You're right. I forgot how low output PAF Pros are.

If you still want a PG tone, yoy might want to consider a Tone Zone, though they're not to everyone's tastes..