i'm planning on buying a new amp i play mostly death hardcore metal i'll play some older metal every now and then. i was looking at a marshall tsl 100, a peavey 6505, or a krank revolution. suggest any other amps i could look into.
I would look into Mesa rectifier amps... i think they have amazing metal sound. Also the fender metal head is pretty sweet it's a little too loud though
fender frontmans they've got the whole treble and middle and bass knobs and its pretty f-in loud. even the 15g
i say krank dude.. which one are you thinking of.. the combo or the stack?
Quote by kirkisking
Were you like, physically abused as a child or something?

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
why dont chicks have tits on their back for slow dancing?
because sometimes, my friend, there can be too much of a good thing
honestly for practice amps fender frontmans are pretty sweet. Not the hardest or best distortion but a pretty good bright lead tone.
okay but i'm looking for something for performances and it's gotta be a tube head and it's gotta be loud
Need a lot more info man...

Price range? Type of tones you're looking for? Just for playing live?

How many guitarists are in the band? Are you going to be playing leads?

"death hardcore metal" could mean different things to different people.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
okay well theres not really gona be a price range since i'm gona save up for it i am going to be using it for live performance there are two guitarist in my band and i am playing the leads. i dont know how i would describe the tone i want though
So far, no recommendation in this thread has really been been a good one...

Marshall won't have enough gain for you.

5150/6505 is great for what you play (I'm selling one if you're interested =P), haven't tried a Krank yet, but Erock gets a pretty nice sound out of his Krankenstein, most like the Rev better though.

You could also look into a Mesa F-30/F-50, have a lot of gain. Much better sounding than the recto.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
if i was to get the marshall i was planning on getting an overdrive for it. one thing i didn't like about krank is i was dissapointed in it's clean channell. but i'm still looking around i want more verity to choose from this here just seems to limit me
I honestly don't think you should go with the Marshall, but if you do, get a DSL instead, they sound a bit better. I was really dissapointed when I played one, but it might be different for you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
So far, no recommendation in this thread has really been been a good one...

Marshall won't have enough gain for you.

5150/6505 is great for what you play (I'm selling one if you're interested =P), haven't tried a Krank yet, but Erock gets a pretty nice sound out of his Krankenstein, most like the Rev better though.

You could also look into a Mesa F-30/F-50, have a lot of gain. Much better sounding than the recto.

Nile uses Marshall.

Recto's sound really, really good in live situations when you get to crank them, not great for leads though...

Quote by RR is GOD
okay well theres not really gona be a price range since i'm gona save up for it i am going to be using it for live performance there are two guitarist in my band and i am playing the leads. i dont know how i would describe the tone i want though

Well, name some bands.

I mean, a guitarist could play a Diezel, VHT, Peavey, Mesa, ENGL, KranK, and countless other amps and use them all in the same genre, yet they will all sound different.

If that makes any sense lol.
alright any other suggestions on amps that would do good for hardcore metal?
Quote by RR is GOD
alright any other suggestions on amps that would do good for hardcore metal?

Have you tried any of the amps that you're looking at? Will you have a chance? Heard any sound clips?
i've been checking out clips while i've been doing this thread. and i've played the marsh tsl 100 and the mesa recto
Stay away from Marshalls. They are really unmetal, and anything other than a JCM800 won't do you good.

Look for a Peavey 5150 (I is great, II is good), or a 6505. Even the 60W 5150 Combo has more than enough gain for your needs. The other amps I'd look into are http://makoamplification.com the Dorado or Mak2, and anything from the Rivera Knucklehead series have some serious gain too.

I run a 5150 through a JSX cab and I love it. Sounds heavy as hell, I never need to turn the gain passed 7 and I play some heavy stuff as well.
Quote by whatadrag
fender frontmans they've got the whole treble and middle and bass knobs and its pretty f-in loud. even the 15g

what in the hell?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Miggy01
what in the hell?

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by RR is GOD
so randalls arn't that good

It's all taste.

Randall is a great company, personally I would take another tube over their tube amps.

What do you mean people limit metal?

Also, what type of bands do you like/band tones you like? List a few and I'll try to help out more...but as it stands just hardcore deathmetal is kind of vague

You've listened to clips, what did you like about that certain amp? What did you not like? What did you like/not like about the Marshall/Mesa you tried?
well what i'm meaning by limit is the only good feedback for amps that i've got seems to be just 2 or 3 i was hoping for alot more choice. one bands tone that i've really like is darkest hour they have a real sharp sound to there music this amp that i'm planing on buying is just for my band i have another amp and my process which goes great for jamming and practicing. and with the amps i really didn't get enough time to figure out what i didn't like about them.
i lied one thing i didn't like about the mesa is that i couldn't figure out how to get to the other channels
Krank amps will give you a very good distorted sound that would probably be perfect for that metal sound you want. I have a 100w marshall myself....its one of the best amps I've had.
Speaking for myself, I'd probably go with the Krank or the Marshall.
i really didn't like the clean sounds on the krank at all and the amp i'm trying to buy is for gigging and i'd like it to be just one amp with good overall tone for good clean passages and hardcore metal
Rivera Knucklehead Tré is supposed to be awesome. I haven't tried it though, due to the fact that Rivera amps aren't very easy to find where I live.
alright all i really want out of this is a gaint list of amps i can go check out so i can decide for myself what i like
ENGL
VHT
Peavey
Mesa
KranK
Marshall
Rivera
Splawn
Diezel
Bogner
Soldano
Framus
Brunetti
Meteoro
Mako
Peters

Those are some off the top of my head. You SHOULD be able to find something from one of them that works for you.
Quote by rwalby9
Stay away from Marshalls. They are really unmetal, and anything other than a JCM800 won't do you good.

Old Metallica...Slayer...yeah Marshall can't do metal at all
If you have NO budget and are willing to spend the amount they are, take a look at not only Peavey 6505/5150's (I have the 6505+ great for metal), but check out Diezel, VHT, ENGL, Bogner, Solando, Framus and Splawn.

Very expensive, but worth every penny.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia