hey all. i bought myself a shiny new Seymour Duncan JB SH4 Hum b the other day =D... planning to install it into a Washburn X40. Problem is, a] ive only ever installed an Epiphone humbucker into a ****ty strat, and b] i dunno anythign about four conductor pickup cables.
so could someone explain to me how i would install the cables for a four conductor pickup on a Washburn X40... im pretty sure those wires in the X40 will be standard, as you would find in a Les Paul perhaps.
thanks in advance.
just solder the north finish and south start together, and you have two conductor. just solder the south finish and the ground together, u got two conductor.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
First solder the red and white wires together and tape them off. Next, the bare wire goes to ground (volume pot) from their it varies depending on your wiring setup. Assuming its H-H with a switch, volume and tone, your black goes to the pickup switch and your green goes to the volume pot.
Quote by CJRocker
First solder the red and white wires together and tape them off. Next, the bare wire goes to ground (volume pot) from their it varies depending on your wiring setup. Assuming its H-H with a switch, volume and tone, your black goes to the pickup switch and your green goes to the volume pot.

the Guitars is a Washburn X40, it has a H/S/H configuration. im planning to remove the single coil from the middle.
Quote by thatguy333
the Guitars is a Washburn X40, it has a H/S/H configuration. im planning to remove the single coil from the middle.
Are you sure? I'm pretty certain the X40 is a HH.

I don't think Washburn even makes a HSH, although I'm not aware of all the models they've made.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Are you sure? I'm pretty certain the X40 is a HH.

I don't think Washburn even makes a HSH, although I'm not aware of all the models they've made.

ive actually tried looking for my exact model. it IS an X40 of some kind. says x40 on the headstock, on the trussrod cover, and the neck is blank, except for an X which spreads across the 11th, 12th and 13th frets. and yeha its a H/S/h config.