They are all tube amps ive heard people suggest to me in various places. Some are 5, 15 and some are 30w.

Epi Value Junior head with some cabinet(suggest a cabinet to pair it with)
Fender Champion 600 5w
Peavey Classic 30-112 combo tube amp
Traynor YCV20WR
Crate Palomino V16 or V32 or V33

open to more suggestions but try to stick to these unless they are really that bad.

Looking for some good clean sounds and some nice smooth overdrive and some decent versitality.
i only play at home and sometimes with some friends so i dont wanna sound like complete crap when im playing with them at a reasonable volume.

no style, i like to dabble in alittle or this and alittle of that depends on my mood (hence the flexiablity of the amp is needed).

Refrence to tone, id have to say bucketheads mellow overdriven tones, i understand i wont be able to get them but you know anything close.

i dont gig either.
I say Palomino V16. The two five watters (EVJ and champ) might be adequate for your needs, but they have less tonal versatility. The Classic 30 is overkill for your use, in my opinion. I haven't tried the Traynor, so I can't can't comment on that one.
well i listen to some acdc and play a few songs, some zep, pink floyd, funeral for a friend, royden, Vai, some bb king once in a while.

Its weird cause i mostly listen to like metal or death metal but i dont like to play it that much.
Not that my oppinion should be valued, but I allways liked the Peavey Classic 30-112 combo tube amps
Quote by frankiej1
well i listen to some acdc and play a few songs, some zep, pink floyd, funeral for a friend, royden, Vai, some bb king once in a while.

Its weird cause i mostly listen to like metal or death metal but i dont like to play it that much.

Hmm...I'd just grab a used Classic 30, then, and use the money you save towards a nice OD pedal, or something, for the harder tones. The Classic 30 should be able to do anything up to Zep. For Funeral For A Friend, or metal...you'd need a pedal.
Moved.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
sorry about posting in in the wrong thread, thats my bad.

ive been told the peavey 30 would be overkill for home playing and having it at low volumes wouldnt "bring out the beast" in the amp.

so i think my options are either the Traynor YCV20WR or the Palomino V16.

if so what OD pedal would you suggest, ive heard many good things about the Fulltone OCD.
Well, you wouldn't be able to crank it, but I get good bedroom tones from my 40W tube amp. I consider my "bedroom levels" to be like a loud conversational level of volume?

Either way, those two amps are still pretty good choices.

The OCD is also a great choice for an OD - something like a Ibanez TS9 wouldn't be bad, either.
which do you think is more versitle and which handles pedals better (between the Traynor and the V16)?

Ill prolly invest in an OCD, now i just gotta look for the right guitar to match.
Quote by frankiej1
so i think my options are either the Traynor YCV20WR or the Palomino V16.

I love the Palomino V16. My son has one, I think it's awesome amp.

That said, the Traynor is a lot nicer. It's got two channels, an FX loop, a footswitch for channel switching and boost. Really a gorgeous amp, and Traynor makes a great product. Great for home practice and recording, enough power for jamming. It's also almost twice as much as the V16, so that has to be considered. If price isn't a big concern (or you have a line on a used one) the Traynor is your best choice by far.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
ya deff think about lookin for the traynor used since its like 700. but hopefully i can find it for about 450 used somewhere around here, thatd be a steal eh?

well i plan on spending about 1200-1500 on an amp and a guitar so, its not that big of a deal.

and if i do buy it at a shop ill be gettin rid of my Marshall DFX30 so should get me like 100 or so towards something.
damn, i was just estimating it at half or so i just gotta look around now for it.

do you think itd go good with like a dean hardtail, schecter c-1 classic, or some other maghoney bodied guitar?
only thing i'd say about the ycv20 is it's very vintage-sounding; very warm. if you know you want a lot of metal, or even more modern-sounding hard rock, you'd probably need a boost + eq, which ups the price, and even then it still might not do what you want...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i already have an eq pedal and ill prolly get an OCD pedal

but im deff going to try out the amps before i buy them.
its prolly either the Traynor, V16 or possiably the peavey 30 if i like it.
all depends on which i like better, plus i gotta find a guitar to match the best.