i was wondering if anyone new any good books about music but not autobiographys. Im thinking some like about the origins and stuff but not like a plain histry book if you know what i mean
Umm... check out the Social Science section in your school's library.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
read any book that Chuck Klosterman wrote
Member #11 of the "I Survived UG PWNED Day" Club

Member of the "I'm allowed to like the Dead Kennedys AND underOATH AND Public Enemy" Club

I am the Wrath Of God. The Earth I walk will see me and tremble.
yeh but im looking for something somewon has read or heard about and recomends it i dont wana just read any old book, im too lazy
EDIT: directed at bballer
Last edited by GuitarGuitar at Nov 19, 2007,
Quote by GuitarGuitar
yeh but im looking for something somewon has read or heard about and recomends it i dont wana just read any old book, im too lazy

Alright, read Fargo Rock City.
It's about, like, metal and stuff.

Member of the "I'm allowed to like the Dead Kennedys AND underOATH AND Public Enemy" Club

im not realy into metal though

EDIT: Oh an also i wouldnt mind something much broader, like from ancient music to modern day and from many cultures. Something that sort of explores the nature of music
Last edited by GuitarGuitar at Nov 19, 2007,
Quote by GuitarGuitar
im not realy into metal though

Neither am I.
He talks about why he liked the things he liked growing up, and why certian things were important to him, etc.
And it's pretty funny in some parts.