Poll: Where should I move to?
Poll Options
View poll results: Where should I move to?
Boston, Massachussets
21 40%
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvannia
11 21%
Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 12%
Madison, Wisconsin
10 19%
Princeton, New Jersey
4 8%
Voters: 52.
What does the pit think?

I'm going to be moving to one of them in about a year's time, but I haven't decided which.

I'm a psuedo-cultured sort. I like the Smiths, David Bowie and Belle and Sebastian. I like twee things and I don't mind cold weather. I don't like sports or drunkards (except Bukowski) or boors.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Last edited by suffer some at Nov 19, 2007,
Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah... You don't like sports?!?!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Severna Park, Marlyland. You and me can go to football games and get ****ed up on colt 45 and ADD medicine.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah... You don't like sports?!?!

I actually love sports but I wanted to stop anybody giving me good advice so I lied in my original post.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Quote by suffer some
What does the pit think?

I'm going to be moving to one of them in about a year's time, but I haven't decided which.

I'm a psuedo-cultured sort. I like the Smiths, David Bowie and Belle and Sebastian. I like twee things and I don't mind cold weather. I don't like sports or drunkards (except Bukowski) or boors.

You're Fake cultured?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Severna Park, Marlyland. You and me can go to football games and get ****ed up on colt 45 and ADD medicine.

Maryland is lame. Well at least Carroll County is.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Maryland is lame. Well at least Carroll County is.

yeah i was kidding. Maryland sucks dick
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by captainjackass

You're Fake cultured?

I'm pretentious. Well, I just mean that I can seem that way. I like taking an interest in some things just because they're not very popular.

Quote by DSMuzichuck
Pittsburgh is the place to be.. We were voted most livable city

Really? What's so good about it?
Quote by GlamSpam

I saw a couple bands from there on Saturday and they were really good and my sister's obsessed with the city so Boston. And's the biggest city, close to New York and all, but the other ones too... I just don't know man
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Quote by bpp1991
west coast?

Word
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Chikitty_China

hahaha something about that made me laugh so hard.

maybe it's because I know how lame maryland is. especially severna park.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
chicago!
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Quote by suffer some
I'm pretentious. Well, I just mean that I can seem that way. I like taking an interest in some things just because they're not very popular.

I want to change my vote to New Jersey. Because Huge piles of Trash arent popular, and therefore you would be happy.

jk

but in all seriousnes, why are you interested in things just because they arent popular?
Canada
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Tulsa, Oklahoma ha im kidding dont fall into the trap, idk go somewhere cool like west coast or Boston,
+1 for Bukowski (The biographical movie about him was outstanding even if it had Bono in it)

I would say you'd like Minneapolis, Minnesota
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by suffer some
What does the pit think?

I think you're gonna find that no matter where you go, there are gonna be things that suck and things that don't suck. haha, liking the smiths, bowie and bell and sebastian isn't going to make any one city more or less suitable than another.

if you said you liked country, however, we'd all send you to nashville or something.
Banging on a trash can
Boston FTW!!! Go Sox! hahaha
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Pittsburgh.

and not just because im from PA.

i was in Pittsburgh once, and it was a really nice city. its got the size and everything of a big city, but when i was there it seemed almost like you were in a small town somewhere.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
liking the smiths, bowie and bell and sebastian isn't going to make any one city more or less suitable than another.

I think it will. Cities with a good indie/pop/rock music scene: Toronto, Montreal (I know they're not on my list: they're not choices available to me at the moment). City without a good indie music scene: Atlanta.
Quote by GlamSpam

Quote by suffer some
I think it will. Cities with a good indie/pop/rock music scene: Toronto, Montreal (I know they're not on my list: they're not choices available to me at the moment). City without a good indie music scene: Atlanta.

but Atlanta is in the dirrrty south!

THEY HAVE CRUNK!!!

dont you understand what you are missing?!?!
Quote by suffer some

*shrugs* you may be right
try omaha.
Banging on a trash can
Austin, TX?

My girlfriend and I are going to check out Madison in the next couple months.
We visited Austin a couple months ago, wasn't for us, but obviously major music scene.
Quote by DSMuzichuck
Pittsburgh is the place to be.. We were voted most livable city

Yyyeah! Except I live in a ****ty town 45 minutes from Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh is a great place, though.
Last edited by type2two at Nov 19, 2007,
Quote by daytripper75
but Atlanta is in the dirrrty south!

THEY HAVE CRUNK!!!

dont you understand what you are missing?!?!

I live in Atlanta at the moment. The cultural highlight so far has been a Morrissey gig.
Quote by GlamSpam

Move (back?) to Scotland.

*meh! reads first post again*

I like twee things - check
cold weather. - check
I don't like sports - hmm...
drunkards - ...oh...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
Move (back?) to Scotland.

*meh! reads first post again*

I like twee things - check
cold weather. - check
I don't like sports - hmm...
drunkards - ...oh...

nah, I can't for the moment. This is a university thing, and the only place in scotland that does what I want has my dad as a professor in the subject. *cries of horror* I'll still visit though.

You're right though, Scotland is top for twee things in cold weather. Mittens, anybody? (though mittens are perhaps too twee for me). And Scottish drunkards can be quite good.
Quote by GlamSpam

Quote by suffer some

that's really stupid
I realized my last post of "BOSTON FTW!" doesn't really help you decide so i'll give some reasons...

1. Great sports city
2. drenched in history
3. the city is pretty clean
4. very easy to get anywhere in the city
5. it's not TOO big like New York is
6. most people on the street are helpful (rare in alot of the US)
7. within an hour of Providence
8. within 40 minutes of Worcester (lots of shows there too)
9. plenty of bars (dunno how old you are but w/e)
10. Boston is pissah
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!