hey UG.
I was reading this mag once and I saw this device thinger that was a section of the fret board from fret one to seven (minus the headstock i think) and supposedly it helps guitar players practise? does it really? btw, what is it actually called, i'm somewhat interested in getting one.
It's just for practising on car journeys etc, when you can't have a full guitar to hand.
i dunno bout you guys but my speed comes from co-ordination of left and right hand since i dont think my left hand alone lacks any speed. i think it should include picking co-ordination there somehow.
in the words of paul gilbert

The left hand steers the right hand is the gas. If you can't steer than you shoudnt press the gas.

in other words your left hand should be really strong and then work on the right hand.

getting your picking hand to pick really fast is easier than having your left hand do all kinds of crazy patterns.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Last edited by jpgilbert701 at Nov 19, 2007,
Quote by jpgilbert701

The left hand steers the right hand is the gas. If you can't steer than you shoudnt press the gas.

in other words your left hand should be really strong and then work on the right hand.

getting your picking hand to pick really fast is easier than having your left hand do all kinds of crazy patterns.

That's a nice analogy, I'll have to remember that one.
Quote by jpgilbert701

my left hand steers like a ****ing race car driver and my right hand is fine. The problem comes from putting the 2 together. I know a lot of other people are the same way. COORDINATION is the key, not speed.