First off, I hope this is the right place to ask these questions. If not, please point me to the right place

Part of the solo looks like:

S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S
|-14p11p10-14p11p10-14p11p10-14p11p10-14p11p10-14p11p10-14p11p10-14p11p10-14p11p10-14p11p|
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

A couple questions... do I pick on 14 or tap then pull off - pull off. Also, while playing this part, is the wah going or is it the trem bar or both!?

Is there a vid that shows Kirk playing this or what? Its a sick solo I want to learn
I'm not sure wht song "Thingy" is, but according to the tab, you pick the F#s on the 14th fret and pull off to the other two. With such a small stretch there isn't really any point in tapping it, unless you like the sound better or you want to show off.
My bad... "Thingy" Is actualy short for "The Thing That Should Not Be" By Metallica on the Master Of Puppets CD
okay, in that section you pick on the 14 and pull off to 11 and again to 10 and repeat

as for what he's using, he's just using a wah.

it is a pretty awesome solo, isn't it?
I think there is some fiddling with the whammy bar as well, to give the whole lick a more unsettling sound.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Pick, pull-off, pull-off. And don't forget the wah. I don't think there is any whammy bar or anything like that in there just lots of well places wahs.
i dont know the solo, and have no time to check it out right now, but i'm assuming the S's mean 16th notes, right? in that case, you're gonna have to accent by pulloffs and don't accent some picked notes, mind this, cuz the easiest thing would be dividing it like triplets or six-tuplets, so every or every other F# is on 1 beat, but that takes all the power out, plus you won't get the wah in 'tune' to your playing..

just thought i'd remind you
1953 Epiphone zephyr
1988 PRS custom 24
1960 Moon oct. mandolin
Dang... I was wishing this was just tapped. Oh well, its a good way to get my fingers to move differently... now if I can keep my ring finger from hitting the damn string while pulling off, I should be set