I like to play blues, which I know is kinda perfect for a strat. But I also like playing metal, which is not so much of a good match for a strat.
I like stuff like john mayer, eric clapton, stevie ray vaughn, jimi hendrix, metallica, guns n' roses, pantera, killswitch engage, etc.
The only thing I don't like is that it has only 21 frets.

So should I get a fender mim hss strat or could yall recommend me any other guitars?

I would get a new amp first but I'm freakin tired of my Schecter, the strings are too close together and even though I got it set up it still buzzes like crazy.
Yes, I'd think if you get an HSS and switch out the bridge pickup for smething hotter, you'd have a really nice set f sounds

Other guitars I'd recomend are some ibanez S series guitars that have atleast one single coil
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Yeah i love my Strat. I havent yet switched out any pickups but i want to try it soon. But right now the stock pick ups are great.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
If i get one, i wont do any pickup switching till i get a better amp, cause I heard its quite pointless till you do.
Quote by rockr09
If i get one, i wont do any pickup switching till i get a better amp, cause I heard its quite pointless till you do.

What amp you got right now?
Think of it this way, a better amp with a badish pickup means that to get the nicest tone, you have to have a good amp everywhere you go.
A good pickup with a decent amp atleast gives you a nice tone and you can keep some of that tone with you no matter where you take the guitar.

On the other hand, swapping the pickups will only help one of your guitars, whereas a better amp will help them all.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I got a peavey rage practice amp. I really want an orange amp or marshall jcm 800
Quote by rockr09
I got a peavey rage practice amp. I really want an orange amp or marshall jcm 800

ah in which case save up for the amp...

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350