the floyd rose on my guitar is set on standard tuning and i want to tune it in drop d.my question is do i have to do some adjustment in my floyd to do this?

thanks!
Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic
Well obviously you'll have to loosen the nut clamp, de-tune, then tighten it again. I guess it would depend on your guage strings whether you'd have to adjust the springs or not, but if you are only dropping one string it should be ok.
you could use the fine tuning knobs on the end of the bridge you got some. Thats usually what I do cause I dont wanna take off my .....cant think of the word..
But anyways if you dont have that you will need to take of that thing on the end of the neck thats screwed into the neck and like stops you from tunning it. Just unscrew it and then you can tune your guitar and then once your done screw it back in. If you dont get what I mean I can get you some pictures.
yeah, i believe you will.
a FR tremolo balances itself based on tension of the strings, so if you're gonna drop a string to a different tuning, the tension will be looser, meaning your tuning will be thrown out. However, [feel free to correct me on this people]... if you're only dropping one string, it may not loosen the tension enough to throw it out a big deal.
Quote by thatguy333
yeah, i believe you will.
a FR tremolo balances itself based on tension of the strings, so if you're gonna drop a string to a different tuning, the tension will be looser, meaning your tuning will be thrown out. However, [feel free to correct me on this people]... if you're only dropping one string, it may not loosen the tension enough to throw it out a big deal.

Yea your right but it kinda depends on the guitar. My friends guitar drops out of tuning when he uses fine tuning but mine doesnt. But if you are going to drop your D string by not using fine tuning you will need to retune all your other strings because they will most likely be flat.
thanks guys,i just tuned it to drop d but after 5 mins. of playing i feel it goes out of tune even though i already locked the neck.is it because my floyd rose is out of balance now?
Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic
Quote by Reyan
thanks guys,i just tuned it to drop d but after 5 mins. of playing i feel it goes out of tune even though i already locked the neck.is it because my floyd rose is out of balance now?

Sometimes if the strings are new or its not use to a tuning it may drop back, especially if you bend. But with a Floyd rose i dont know, try making sure you locked it right. Do you have fine tuning knobs? use those is possible instead of re doing it. Muchhhh easier.
Quote by rose_of_sharyn
go to a luthier and get pro drop D setup. dont risk it. youll **** the whole system.

Talk about overreacting.
You won't fuck your whole system up. It's hardly worth it to take a guitar to a luthier to set it up in drop D, really. At best, you'll have to tighten the trem springs to compensate for the tension, but even that isn't necessary in most cases. Most FRs can be tuned to drop D using only the fine tuners.
If you used the normal method (unlock the nut, tune, lock again), try correcting the tuning fluctuation it using the fine tuners. When locking the nut, strings will almost always go sharp.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
^listen to him.
I have two of my guitars with FRs tuned to drop D, and the other strings stay in tune just fine.
My Guitars:
Jackson King V
Jackson RR
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5fr
Halo Helfire
B.C. Rich NT Beast