So I've decided to get a new guitar and I've got around 1500 to spend but I need some ideas thrown out there because I'm sort of at a loss. I was going to get an Edwards E-CY-165CTM in the natural finish but I just found out they don't make that finish anymore, which left me a little crushed. So I've decided to entertain other guitars as well.

I mostly play metal and I dick around with classic rock every now and then. I do, however, not want EMGs. I already have 2 guitars with EMGs so I've got that covered.
Also not interested in a strat or any Fender product ( nothing against Fender, just not what I'm looking for.

Feel free to throw suggestions out willy nilly, but 1500 really is my limit on the max. Oh and I own an RR5 Rhodes, Epiphone Les Paul and an ESP Viper 400. Thanks for the suggestions.
i vote PRS
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
I don't need an amp upgrade. I've got a Line 6 Spider, and that's pretty much the best it gets.

Joking, I've got a 5150.
LTD EC 1000 the ones witout emgs
Last edited by UrMomsMom at Nov 19, 2007,
Gibson, PRS or Gibson.

CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Custom order yourself a Carvin.

You can make one for less than $1500 and still get a quilted maple top and so many other custom options.

My second choice would also be a PRS like mentioned above.
Yeah, I'd take a look at the Carvin custom shop, because for the ammount you have, you can get a very nice guitar. If not Carvin, look at PRS as mentioned above.
Another vote for Carvin.

By far the best value
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I would say Caparison, but I'm fairly sure they are a bit more than 1500.

So.... Gibson Explorer maybe? And replace the pups w/some Seymour Duncan's? (Unless you absolutely must have EMG's)

But yeah, Carvin sounds like a damn good idea.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
i'd say stop suggestign gibson. Just cos he has cash doesnt mean a gibson is right!
Carvin would be awesoem as they are totally customisable and you can get what YOU want.

And synyster custom? You best be kidding.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
i'd say stop suggestign gibson. Just cos he has cash doesnt mean a gibson is right!
Carvin would be awesoem as they are totally customisable and you can get what YOU want.

And synyster custom? You best be kidding.

Dont suggest Carvin because Gibsons are better.
Quote by easthatred
Dont suggest Carvin because Gibsons are better.

Excuse me?
Are you saying a custom made guitar with your specifications isn't better than a machine made over-priced guitar that's company has low quality control?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went ahead and ordered the Edwards this morning. None of the suggestions really caught my eye so I went with my first plan.

Thanks again.
It has 27 frets and I've never really liked Schecters that much. More like a Caparison
I was just seeing if someone was gonna throw out a suggestion that made me slap my forehead and say, "How did I not think of that?" but I'm happy with my decision.
Quote by Kantroce

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went ahead and ordered the Edwards this morning. None of the suggestions really caught my eye so I went with my first plan.

Thanks again.

let me know what it's like! I like my edwards les paul, a lot.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?