Which one should I get? Now, this is a broad as **** question. A broad as holy **** question and I have a lot of comments on it...

Firstly, I play metal.It's going to be what I want to play in front of friends and what I like to play alone. I do enjoy noodling in Blues, Jazz, classic rock, and what have you. I find it's good to reach outside of one genre.

Secondly, once I get this amp, I don't want to upgrade it for a WHILE. Right now I am electric-guitarless. I'm doing a ton of research/saving for a good amp/guitar as my starter thing while I learn on acoustic. I'm going to get an Agile-AL2000 as my guitar. It's cheap, yes, but I would much rather get the expensive ass amp purchase out of the way and then just collect the guitars I want (I want to play and collect...and that Agile is gonna be my first electric and then I'm just gonna build up my collection of guitars/pedals).

So, the price range.

Well, I want it to be a damn good amp, and I can't stress enough that I want it to be REALLY good so that upgrades on the amp are minimal.

I'm willing to spend an upwards of up to 1.25k. This is a lot, and I'll save for nearly-forever, but I truly believe it'll be worth it.

So what do I know right now? Here are some popular higher end things I keep hearing. Peavey 5150s. I have no idea which to get, the combo, the head, or cabinets or what?

Mesa Boogies I've heard a lot as well.

So here's the biggest problem. I know nothing about AMPs, except that tube = better, more wattage = louder, and more speaker = louder.

Help me out? Thanks in advance.
I'm not an expert on the subject, but more wattage does not necessarily mean more volume, nor do more speakers create more volume. I think more speakers give you more bottom end, but don't quote me on that.
As far as amps go, if you want a versatile amp, I hear that the mesa F series are pretty good, but if you really wanna go all out, a mark IV would be sublime. Hope I helped

EDIT: There ARE other companies outside of Mesa, I just had Mesa on my mind.
Peavey 5150/6505 won't give you much blues noodling, it's all-out gain and bad cleans.

Maybe a JSX or an Engl of some variety, maybe a Laney.
Can't be said enough: Laneys make the amps. Mesa Boogie is also quite good, but I prefer Laney. Can get every sound I ever heard with mine, rough said.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Depending on your location, ENGLs might be quite the good suggestion.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Hmm...alrighty so Laney's, ENGLs, Mesas and all that higher stuff...

Would you guys recomend a stack or a combo?

I was thinking of getting a combo, a decently watted one withotu any real effects and I'd hook up a bunch of pedals...

Also, I forgot something INCREDIBLY important. I need a practice amp...

Should I just get a Solid State, like a Line 6 Spider or something for around three, four hundred or something? That "practice" amp would be my first one and I'd say for the big one as my next guitar-related purchase.

Anyways, thanks in advance.
1.25k what? dollars? potatos? rupees?

As for the practise amp. I think Vox AD15VT XL would be the best. Don't bother with a Roland Cube, although lots of people like it, I personally find it really boring.

Same goes with Line6 spiders.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

1.25k Canadian, though I'm willing to save more. Right now I'm just saving to get the guitar and the practice-y amp.
Hmm, it looks good but it doesn't seem to have a headphone jack...unless I'm stupid. Like I said I'm new to ampage and stuff...is there like a guide on it? xD
Quote by dewdadrew
1.5 canadian is only close to 1000$ correct?

Actually the Canadian dollar is slightly higher than the American dollar right now...they're about equal though.
maybe a engl combo? powerball i think
or a mesa boogie 5:50 combo, heard great stuff about them
a 5150 would be great too
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic