Page 1 of 3
Low prices!
Silly store mascotts!
Friendly staff and employees!
Membership discounts!
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
a large selection...friendly staff...probably i'd like vintage used gear aswell...like used amps from 80s...old japanese guitars and so on..
knowledgeable/friendly employees, low prices, highly skilled guitar tech, stocks d'addario strings and vater drumsticks. The obvious stuff.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by SG_dave
I spose i better elaborate.. i'm looking for stuff that will set me above the normal music store something that, when you walk through the door, makes ou think "yeah thats an awesome idea"

Honestly, atmosphere.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by SG_dave

What do you look for in a music store?

Music?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by x_thurston_x
Honestly, atmosphere.

+1. If its a place that I feel like I can hang out at, I'm more likely to buy from it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by SG_dave
how tho that's the million dollar question

well first of all, music as in cds and posters and shirts? or music equipment, instruments and such.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Good music playing, friendly atmosphere, guitars/drums etc...good stuff in general.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Workers that won't bug the hell outta me when I'm testing
Cheap prices
No snobbish workers/boss
A LOT of gear
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I'd say, get some really large subway posters of various bands, don't pertain to any certain kind of music genre. I'd say get a jukebox, that'd be pretty sweet. Make it comfortable, you know? can't really think of anything in particular.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

okay so i've got this far...
it's gonna be in south yorkshire, it's starting as equipment and instruments (drums, bass, guitar to start), i will diversify later on to cd's, shirts etc., it needs atmosphere ( maybe by having a jamming room or something like that, i'm gonna have testing rooms straight away aswell

Edit: and i'm gonna have sofas and seats without arms on them cos they just get in the way.
the abillity to try out every thing before i buy it!
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Here's an Idea, Guitar Playground.
Since there's always the kids that always go in and never buy anything, why not charge 'em a buck or so for use of the gear on sale for a few hours, and that way they are paying customers, and do not have to deal with the condescending staff asking if they are gonna buy anything?

Just a thought
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by Deliriumbassist
One of my local guitar stores actually ordered pole dancers to dance in the windows as part of a marketing campaign

but then that scares away the parents of 12 year old kids who would spend 1000 dollars on a marshall mg full stack for their kid..
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by iceman_8319
Since there's always the kids that always go in and never buy anything, why not charge 'em a buck or so for use of the gear on sale for a few hours, and that way they are paying customers, and do not have to deal with the condescending staff asking if they are gonna buy anything?

Just a thought

$5 cover charge... sweet.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

UG member discount?
Quote by FunkasPuck
i swear, we are like the small gloucestershire village of the internet: we try god bless us, but we are about 5 years behind the rest of the world.
Quote by iceman_8319

Just a thought

now that is an idea... i gotta admit i sometimes do that at electro just go to have a look at ideas for new guitars etc.
Quote by musicfreak003
but then that scares away the parents of 12 year old kids who would spend 1000 dollars on a marshall mg full stack for their kid..

It worked. The owner is an acquaintance of mine and he said the next two weeks saw a 60% increase in sales. All the basses I wanted to try were gone, lol.
huge variety of products. friendly staff. low prices.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
music store that sells at least SOME cds and band tshirts! saves everyone going to a crappy cd store to look for music

also a small underground stage maybe? dono why just though itd be cool..
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Computers with free internet so all can browse UG! and try out the suggestions from the millionth Which Guitar? thread!
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
Last edited by burntfacedog at Nov 19, 2007,
i'm telling you man, places that have stellar posters everywhere tend to receive my patronage more than lame places that were simple or plain.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Sound proof booths !
These things rock, especially if you hate playing in music stores like my self and probably alot of others here. At my local store they have a 'Vault' which has all the really expensive gear in the same place. It's like a seperate room thats soundproof to and you can just try out like a PRS custom 24 and a 6505 stack at high volume and not worry about others complaining or insulting your playing. Also have the counter near the front door so whenever someone walks in you can greet them, I know its nothing major but it does help. Try and support local artists to like maybe have a cd rack with only local stuff and let them hang their posters up in your shop. Young muscians.... know more young muscians and if they like you then they'll reccomend you to their mates. Always have music playing, not so loud that you can't hear yourself playing but loud enough to be heard still, it will just help to set a good vibe. You could have like a dj section to now I know some people might not consider it to be music although if you did have that stuff people would buy it. Try and set up a membership, once you spend over .... $1000 you can become a member for free and get 5% off storewide and be included in members only sales or something.
Sorry for the wall of text but we need more good music shops !
Page 1 of 3