i recently got an opportunity to get a Kustom 100W head(new) and a Kustom 260W quad box for VERY VERY cheap- 45% of RRP- what do you think?

Are Kustom amps alright (not perfect, but are they decent)

I'm only a home jamming and small, just-for-fun band type guitarist, so I don't want a 5,000,000,000 Watt amp, obviously.
i played this about 1 month ago. its pretty loud.
i dont liek the distortion. i think its way too harsh sounding. nothing like a tube amp. not enough gain for me, i had it on ten, and needed more. i like the idea of having the effects there. not a bad amp for the price i suppose. i was htinkign about getting it at one stage.
a stack is going to be overkill if your just practicing at home your going to get alot of these but get a small tube combo 15-30 watts of tube or ever a 50 watt vox valvetronix which have a tube in the power amp ( i think?) which will give you more volume than a standard SS amp
pre amp i think you mean
i dont knwo the amp, but i would imagine it would be the pre amp. it would be an all valve amp if it wa sin the power amp, but a hybrid amp is with a tube in the preamp. it possible is a AX7. like many pre amp tubes are. I'm not sure.

^^ google searsh kustom 100quad.
and it should come up with the stack the TS wants.
thanks guys- it's a 100DFX head- not sure what that means.

I've got one decent 35W amp that puts out like soldier boy's hos, but I figure that instead of buying another 35W amp (i want two), I'll just buy a big one, and it's a head and cabinet not a combo, so it'll last me a bit longer (ie if one part breaks down, i won't lose the whole thing)

Yeah, it's either that or I'll go all out and buy a big amp, there's a decent behringer 400W one for a half-decent price.

also, I've got a few really good quality effects pedals, that put nice tone out, so distortion, no big deal, as most of the stuff i play doesn't require super clean tone anyway.

thanks guys, for being nice this time, other people were nasty mean to me
Quote by b00m_
pre amp i think you mean
^^ google searsh kustom 100quad.
and it should come up with the stack the TS wants.

lolcrunk roflcopter lmaofruit omgwtfbbqgrass....what's a TS????
^ threadstarter. the person whom started this thread in order to get advice from people on UG.

and incas eyou don't know what UG means

it means ultimate-guitar.
and incase you dont know what that is, you should reavaluate your life.
I had a kustom quad100dfx 2x12 combo that I sold not too long ago and replaced it with a small fender gdec amp. Not a bad amp but it's just too big for me. One thing I can tell you it jams. The onboards' not too great but they work. I always use pedals anyway. The power seems to come from the EQ pads so to up the volume for driving you need to back down on the EQs.

If you can get the head for a very good price I'd say get it.
Quote by b00m_
^ threadstarter. the person whom started this thread in order to get advice from people on UG.

and incas eyou don't know what UG means

it means ultimate-guitar.
and incase you dont know what that is, you should reavaluate your life.

thanks... I went on the forum for the first time like a week ago- should i re-evaluate my life, really? Because I don't easily/willingly familiarize myself with lolspeak lingo? don't be mean, I'm 16.

Quote by PanHead
I had a kustom quad100dfx 2x12 combo that I sold not too long ago and replaced it with a small fender gdec amp. Not a bad amp but it's just too big for me. One thing I can tell you it jams. The onboards' not too great but they work. I always use pedals anyway. The power seems to come from the EQ pads so to up the volume for driving you need to back down on the EQs.

If you can get the head for a very good price I'd say get it.

thanks. that's all the encouragement I needed!!!!!!
I own the head, and I must say I love it. It's no high end tube amp but it gets the job done fairly well. I suggest setting the effect on delay and keeping it at about 2ish.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Dont know much about the head units from Kustom. I have the little 36 coupe amp. And really like it.