Does anyone know how to sword fight? My true heavy metal brothers who fight by my side to defend all that is real wana give me some tips?

I was planning on taking some lessons, now that Im free for a year, just to improve my general health and kick some ass along the way.

Whats the best way to go about this? I'm not really into the whole fencing thing, was wondering what else is out there?

cheers dude Experienced posts thanks!
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Well, I'd probably be one of the people to stab you in the back and take your wallet but...

The best way would be to go somewhere that has lessons and apply.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by spartan 118
Well, I'd probably be one of the people to stab you in the back and take your wallet but...

The best way would be to go somewhere that has lessons and apply.

Is that a challenge Spartan warrior of old!!!?

But yeh man, I have no idea where or what I should look for as far as lessons are concerned. Karate and all of them are focused on 'self defense" etc.

And I doubt any "self defense" teachers would teach me how to wield a sword.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
edit: yeah no clue were you can take these, try taking a stage combat class, they teach you to fight with swords, plus then you learn sweet tricks to fake people out at parties and school

broadsword lessons are probably the best way to go i would think, broad swords have a pretty simple fighting style and are a one handed sword, i know how to sword fight a little with scitmar/foil style swords me and my one friend used to train all the time
yea...i'd listen to Spartan 118
go find some place with lessons. if not take up martial arts, they deal with weapons when youre advanced enough
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by Reduced_Fat
just start attacking random people with a stick, youll get good eventually

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
does my penis count as a sword? cuz if it is then i am teh_br00talz at swordfighting
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
I'd rather take up that's more practical in a real life situation. But for weapons, some form of stick fighting is the way to go. You cant carry a sword around in public, can you? Neither can you carry around rattan sticks, but they are still much more practical, an umbrella could be used for example.

I take kombatan, btw. look that up.
Quote by Metal_Injection
Is that a challenge Spartan warrior of old!!!?

But yeh man, I have no idea where or what I should look for as far as lessons are concerned. Karate and all of them are focused on 'self defense" etc.

And I doubt any "self defense" teachers would teach me how to wield a sword.

Well...seeing as you're not going to be going out and attacking people with swords or even having a sword by your side out on the street or something, "self defense" doesn't have anything to do with it.

See what martial arts you can take that teach sword wielding.

Personally, I would try to find a good Kung Fu school, one that offers shaolin. You learn usually about 30 different weapons in shaolin.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Kombatant sounds interesting. But just so you know guys im not doing this for self defense or any real practical reason, more of a hobby + excercise, swords motivate me to get me hopping around.

And I wasnt planning on walking down the street with a sword lol
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
Quote by raysoh8
I'd rather take up that's more practical in a real life situation. But for weapons, some form of stick fighting is the way to go. You cant carry a sword around in public, can you? Neither can you carry around rattan sticks, but they are still much more practical, an umbrella could be used for example.

I take kombatan, btw. look that up.

You cant.. I tried and failed.

But you can use a kendo sword tho just hit stuf at random. Pretend your surprising your inanamate victim and youll get good sooner or later.

It would help if you got two kendo swords, and then a friend , and then just ****ed around like that

that is what i do with my friend but its unfair because he is a black belt in karate and he uses a bow staff on me and i have no experience and i use kendo sword.
Iaido. The art of drawing your sword and killing your enemy of metal in just a few moves.
Also, uses the katana, making it even more badass.
Quote by Baishen
Iaido. The art of drawing your sword and killing your enemy of metal in just a few moves.
Also, uses the katana, making it even more badass.

yep my dad does this and its pretty cool, you do blood flicks and stuff!!!!
i think somebody should stop listening to rhapsody and manowar

hammers and templars are way cooler
watch the lord of the rings, then apply that to real life
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
Alright, whats laido???

I might be going to Japan all next year. Could take up Kendo.

But as far as laido goes, how hard would it be to find a teach??

Most of them would live in Asia I would imagine, were swords are still the main weapon
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
Have you thought about putting some experience points into melee combat and weapon mastery? Kids these days...
that comment made me lol. thread-starter, why don't you just improvise and show all them bastards whats up.
Quote by happytimeharry
Have you thought about putting some experience points into melee combat and weapon mastery? Kids these days...

Actually I recieved my 4th stripe in Kung Fu like 2 months ago. Frankly kung Fu bores me.

The weapon mastery they teach you basically involves a stick...

And a stick is alot different to a sword.

I already said, im doing this for fun.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
well i took shinkendo for three and a half years. I loved it. No sparring equipment required, just a boken, gi, and hakama. It was great fun. It got me focused, and motivated. While in shinkendo i learned more then just how to "swing around a wooden sword". I learned alot of japanese, i learned that it takes more skill to chop through a matt then you may think, and i learned alot of self control. My sensai was a tad old fashioned, he believed in punishment by form of whips with a shinai (bamboo sword). but i really doubt you'll find another one like him. If you need any more information feel free to ask
Quote by ortrigger
that comment made me lol. thread-starter, why don't you just improvise and show all them bastards whats up.

I'm afraid i would go Insane. The prowess of the warriors of old would curse through my veins, giving me unbelievable stamina and endurance, while at the same time causing me to into a rageing ball of fury and slaughter all the Emo's I see.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
Western Martial Arts? Pretty much medieval combat.

I was very interested in learning a while ago, now I'm more into fighting with my body.
Quote by GdayArmstrong
well i took shinkendo for three and a half years. I loved it. No sparring equipment required, just a boken, gi, and hakama. It was great fun. It got me focused, and motivated. While in shinkendo i learned more then just how to "swing around a wooden sword". I learned alot of japanese, i learned that it takes more skill to chop through a matt then you may think, and i learned alot of self control. My sensai was a tad old fashioned, he believed in punishment by form of whips with a shinai (bamboo sword). but i really doubt you'll find another one like him. If you need any more information feel free to ask

Sounds awesome, were do i sign?
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
I have a friend who fenced for 3 years.....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--