Page 1 of 6
I searched and nothing came up, so...

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/11/17/internet.suicide.ap/index.html

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,22783456-5014108,00.html?from=mostpop

That kind of stupidity is beyond me

Seriously, if that girl ever came to the Pit, she'd commit suicide more than 10 times within a minute...

P.S. : and yeah that was just the internet's fault. Bad parenting merely exists....
My Spanish Hearts
Last edited by rx_eb at Nov 19, 2007,
Ok this just went to far...

EDIT: Also I do understand what she went through, I posted before I read the article, R.I.P. I'm so sorry.
myspace.com/theunwantedjellybean <--- Add It!
Last edited by rock_on986 at Nov 19, 2007,
dude lay off of her. She was being treated for bad depression. I'm usually a pretty solid douche, but you can't help but feel sorry for someone that's so isolated they only find hapiness in an online friend.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
She was far to young to understand and that ex friend is a cold hearted bitch - R.I.P little girl, condolensces too your family
Quote by rx_eb
I searched and nothing came up, so...

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/11/17/internet.suicide.ap/index.html

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,22783456-5014108,00.html?from=mostpop

That kind of stupidity is beyond me

Seriously, if that girl ever came to the Pit, she'd commit suicide more than 10 times within a minute...

P.S. : and yeah that was just the internet's fault. Bad parenting merely exists....

She suffered from depression and attention deficit disorder... read the whole text before you make comments like that
Hate those kind of storys. They always make me in such a bad mood. I can't believe that people would go that far.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
If only parents WOULD STAY OUT OF THEIR CHILDREN'S SOCIAL LIVES!!

Not that this has been a problem for me, I have no social life.

Myspace sucks.

RIP 14 Y.O. girl.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
Good grief.

I hope they find that person...
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
ok well first off, i just had to say did anyone notice it said she hung herself one day and died the next, i found that a little funny(i relise she musta been found and taken to hospital)

second- i do feel sorry for her that she got so much joy out of an online friend.......wait a minute i get joy from the pit does that make me pathetic lol.....

third- yeah whoever did it is a little messed up but what i think may of happened if i heard right it was the mother, i think maybe it was really the daughter and mom is covering up for daughter to keep her outa trouble, but i dont think they should be prosucuted, technicly they didnt do anything wrong, everything they say is pretty much in the freedom of speech

our freedoms of speech go pretty far- it is actually LEGAL for us to go into public and say things like "PRESIDENT BUSH SHOULD BE ASSASINATED AND WE SHOULD KILL EVERYONE IN THE WHITE HOUSE AND TAKE OVER THE MILITIARY" now i know it may not seem legal to say that, but as stated by the supreme court "unless there is an imminint danger" so unless something is about to happen like a riot we can say what we want, plus we can rant about how we wanna kill gays and stuff because although it infringes upon there rights, they can just walk away and ignore it- crazy stuff

edit:

Quote by C4ll3
She suffered from depression and attention deficit disorder... read the whole text before you make comments like that

every1 has depression and add, i mean i've been at WORK and just stopped bagging groceries for like 2 mins and just stood there staring until casheer finished and was like RANDY and i was like ****, and depression, every gets depressed, its a freaking mood like happy sad angry, just depends if you are emo and stay depressed cause you dont do nothing to get better, or if you try to get out of depression
Last edited by fender1618 at Nov 19, 2007,
At first I was going to be a complete and utter prick, but then I read and felt sorry, it wasnt myspace comment that led to suicide, she was depressed anyway and taking medication.
I hope Tom is happy.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Her parents should of done more for her.

Couple of things.

A) She was only 13, when she needed to be 14 to be on the website. Im sure there are plenty of people under 14 who have profiles, but to knowingly let your daughter into a community where it is a requirement that you match a certain level and to knowingly let her do that is irresponsible.

B) The sheer danger of not knowing WHO is on the other end of the computer. It could of not been girls, it could of been a 35 year old Sex Offender, there is no way of knowing, and to let your daughter get so emotionally attached, knowing that she has a history of "Mental Problems" is also irresponsible.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
She would have done it over something else anyway. They can't really blame myspace for it.
Quote by aradine
i wish i got disowned by my grandparents so i could stay home tommorow and fap.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX

Amps:
Vox Valvetronix 30
This was completely the fault of the people who made the fake myspace. Seriousely, if you know a person is depressed, taking medication, and could hurt herself or someone else at any given moment, why the hell would you do something like that?

A stupid joke like that is not worth the loss of a human being, no matter how funny one think it might be. It just seems like common sense from the point of the attacker, but I guess some people just need to be cruel and mean to people to feel like a justified member of society.
The.
Gotta be honest, I lawl'd at this one.

A boy said he heard she was cruel, and she kills herself?

(I know it wasn't actually a boy, but she thought it was)
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by fender1618

our freedoms of speech go pretty far- it is actually LEGAL for us to go into public and say things like "PRESIDENT BUSH SHOULD BE ASSASINATED AND WE SHOULD KILL EVERYONE IN THE WHITE HOUSE AND TAKE OVER THE MILITIARY" now i know it may not seem legal to say that, but as stated by the supreme court "unless there is an imminint danger" so unless something is about to happen like a riot we can say what we want, plus we can rant about how we wanna kill gays and stuff because although it infringes upon there rights, they can just walk away and ignore it- crazy stuff

I think you just made it onto their list...

<.<

>.>
This is not a simple case of internet bullying or whatever, there is more involved. First of all, her medication was clearly insufficient in treating her depression. There are very good medications out, and very effective therapy is available.

If you ask me, her doctors and family failed to give her proper medical care.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by walkinbazooka
Gotta be honest, I lawl'd at this one.

A boy said he heard she was cruel, and she kills herself?

(I know it wasn't actually a boy, but she thought it was)

She was very depressed, the poor girl. She probably didn't have many friends in real life, so an Internet friend (sadly) must have given her a lot of happiness. When the so called 'friend' abruptly ends the relationship... that's just too much for a depressed 13-year old to handle.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
fender1618...shut the **** up, you don't know anything. if you think depression is some mental state that you can just 'stop being emo and get yourself out of', why don't you just go tell people with schizophrenia to make themselves better, or paralysed people to stand up?

**** you.

second, it's completely the other girls mother's fault, IMO. who the **** starts a fake profile to monitor what people are saying online? if you're worried about it, don't let your daughter online. better than ****ing with someone who has a mental illness.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by MedicreDemon
I hope Tom is happy.

that made me lol... im a dick

But yeah, i feel sorry for her, how could a parent do something that low/immature?
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by pistols
fender1618...shut the **** up, you don't know anything. if you think depression is some mental state that you can just 'stop being emo and get yourself out of', why don't you just go tell people with schizophrenia to make themselves better, or paralysed people to stand up?

Excusing someone who killed themselves because they are depressed is like saying its ok for a person with an anger problem to go out and kill someone else cause they cant control it. We all need self control.
As for the other lady, if she knew that girl had depression problems she should be convicted of something, thats just ****ed up.
Quote by fender1618
ok well first off, i just had to say did anyone notice it said she hung herself one day and died the next, i found that a little funny(i relise she musta been found and taken to hospital)

second- i do feel sorry for her that she got so much joy out of an online friend.......wait a minute i get joy from the pit does that make me pathetic lol.....

third- yeah whoever did it is a little messed up but what i think may of happened if i heard right it was the mother, i think maybe it was really the daughter and mom is covering up for daughter to keep her outa trouble, but i dont think they should be prosucuted, technicly they didnt do anything wrong, everything they say is pretty much in the freedom of speech

edit:

every1 has depression and add, i mean i've been at WORK and just stopped bagging groceries for like 2 mins and just stood there staring until casheer finished and was like RANDY and i was like ****, and depression, every gets depressed, its a freaking mood like happy sad angry, just depends if you are emo and stay depressed cause you dont do nothing to get better, or if you try to get out of depression

There are different kinds of depression. You are thinking about the mood. I am thinking about the disease. Thats a huge difference. From what i read in the text I guess she had the disease
huh? is that true? thats so.......... unthinkable? pathetic one died worthless
Now Megan's parents hope the people who made the fraudulent profile on the social networking web site will be prosecuted, and they are seeking legal changes to safeguard children on the Internet.

that is fucking bullshit. prosecuting somebody for a myspace. get a fucking clue.
Oh boohoo, she was so depressed, what the fuck does a 13 year old girl have to be depressed about?
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by cocacolabottle
Oh boohoo, she was so depressed, what the fuck does a 13 year old girl have to be depressed about?

Chemical imbalances. Depression is a bit more complitcated than having your grandmom dying and feeling sad about it...

Quote by zetaspartan2552
that is fucking bullshit. prosecuting somebody for a myspace. get a fucking clue.

Yeah it's not like it lead to the girl's death.

Oh wait...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Both articles said 'hanged' instead of 'hung', this kind of made me lose interest.
Quote by Metallica rulz
Excusing someone who killed themselves because they are depressed is like saying its ok for a person with an anger problem to go out and kill someone else cause they cant control it. We all need self control.
As for the other lady, if she knew that girl had depression problems she should be convicted of something, thats just ****ed up.

i'm not excusing them, i'm just saying it's ****ing stupid to say you can stop being emo and stop being depressed. yes suicide sucks, yes they should get treatment, but it's just stupuid to say something like that.

and yes i realise she was getting treatment...you should get what i'm saying anyways. you don't just go saying someone can just snap out of that.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by cocacolabottle

Go read all posts on the thread and you will probably get a clue
And one more thing. The treatments doesn't always work
Quote by cocacolabottle

Dont be such an insensitive fuckwit, you obviously have no clue what depression is, so dont go around making such bold statements about things you clearly have no idea about.

Depression and being depressed are different, depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain (not the mind) which cannot be helped. Yes alot of people with depression are depressed in their mind, but the chemical inbalance is what makes them like that.

People that are depressed on the other hand, are depressed in the mind, due to events in their life, such as deaths of family/loved ones, money problems etc etc.
while depression may be real, suicide is just a copout, bull**** thing to resort to. only the weak commit suicide, because i dont think many people could reach such a low ebb where suicide is the only justifiable action to take.

but even so, what an evil psychobitch the other girls mum is.
what kind of person would take time out from their lives to go and **** with a 14 year old girls head like that?
only in america.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Last edited by FunkasPuck at Nov 19, 2007,
Quote by Hakanku
Dont be such an insensitive fuckwit, you obviously have no clue what depression is, so dont go around making such bold statements about things you clearly have no idea about.

Depression and being depressed are different, depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain (not the mind) which cannot be helped. Yes alot of people with depression are depressed in their mind, but the chemical inbalance is what makes them like that.

People that are depressed on the other hand, are depressed in the mind, due to events in their life, such as deaths of family/loved ones, money problems etc etc.

Way to take my post and broadening it

Quote by FunkasPuck
while depression may be real, suicide is just a copout, bull**** thing to resort to. only the weak commit suicide, because i dont think many people could reach such a low ebb where suicide is the only justifiable action to take.

but even so, what an evil psychobitch the other girls mum is.
what kind of person would take time out from their lives to go and **** with a 14 year old girls head like that?

Put yourself in an extremely depressed girl's head and say that.

Quote by FunkasPuck
only in america.

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
most likely her suicide was caused by underlining problems and this just pushed her over the edge. The parents probably werent involved enough in her life to realize she was depressed. They obviously couldn't see the "red flags" to notice something was wrong with their daughter. This was obviously NOT the cause of her suicide it was most likely something else and just was it.
Ridiculous. Everyone has depression or ADD or something nowadays.
And the fact she supposedly killed herself over a person on the internets is ludacris. Im pretty sure theres probably more to it than that. No one can be that dependant.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by stevie-ray
Both articles said 'hanged' instead of 'hung', this kind of made me lose interest.

When talking about hanging in this sense, 'hanged' is the proper word to use

and WOW this thread is full of some assholes.

First off, no, its not legal to go into public and say you're going to assassinate the president. Remember the 14 year old kid who said Bush should be killed on myspace, then the secret service dragged him out of class the next day?
Second, depression isn't a state of mind, its a goddam disease. Get that through your thick fucking skulls.

EDIT:
On another note, I really hope the case ends here. If anybody is prosecuted, I think it would be ridiculous. Unfortunately, it's only fueling the fire against myspace. So many people are going to blame myspace for this, but first off, she wasn't actually old enough to be on the website. There are rules like that for a reason. People under 14 (and older in many cases) just shouldn't be on that site. Its not safe and can lead to things like this.
Last edited by saxaxe at Nov 19, 2007,
Quote by saxaxe

Second, depression isn't a state of mind, its a goddam disease. Get that through your thick fucking skulls.

Depression doesnt just happen, it is as you say, a disease. Diseases have causes. Her parents arent reported as having depression so its not inherited so it must be sociophsycological. Get that through your thick fucking skull.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia