I tried out a couple of Schecters and I REALLY liked them. Musician'sFriend has the C-1 Artist with JB/'59 Duncans at 449. Any better deals?
omen 6

i mean you can get better for that price range, but it was my first guitar and i loved it beautiful sustain. it could use better pickups though...
Quote by MTMV2
I tried out a couple of Schecters and I REALLY liked them. Musician'sFriend has the C-1 Artist with JB/'59 Duncans at 449. Any better deals?

Don't think so, that one is pretty solid.

I would personally save up for a top of the line though. C1 Classic or Hellraiser, depending on your preferance.
WTLTL 2011
hmmm my gryphon is sex in guitar form.
only prob is that it's a guitar center (and mebe us) only.
No, not particularly. The only thing that guitar doesn't have is a maple top for a little brightness. Otherwise, it's possibly everything you could want.
Alright, going to go try it out at Guitar Center or something this week. If they have a black friday deal like that other topic said, I'm jumping on that mofo.
I was lucky to get a Classic C1 for $423 on an estate sale, looks brand new and came with a case to.
I have to C-1 Artist and it is one bad-ass guitar, the jb, 59' combo gives you so much to work with. its a really well-balanced guitar.
Time will tell and time is hell.
I got an Omen 6 today for $400 AUD. That is about 275 US. Maybe try C-1 Hellraiser, not sure on price though.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I've got a Damien FR. I don't remember the price, but it was under your limit. I've found that it is versatile enough for metal and good sounding clean stuff, as well. You don't hear much about Schecters (at least, I didn't before I found this one), but they really are some solid guitars. Good luck with the search.
The Omen and Damien series come under this price range, and some of the C1s... I'd say the C1 Artist is your best bet, they're pretty versatile.
Quote by moz92
for 499 bucks you can get the C-1 FR..
just perfect

This thread is over a year old, I'm sure he's bought something by now...

*reported* so it can be mercy killed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com