Is there a way to change your paint job to look like that? I'm sure it'd need to be sanded, but my only question is, is there a way to paint it so I get black with the wood finish in the background or any other color to look like that. I'm thinking a white transparent finished bass with black hardware would be beautiful
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Yes, it is possible, but i don't know the english word for that type of paint.

The swedish word is bets if that is any help.
Fler Ismaskiner!
Thanks man. I'll look it up tonight.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
You can get various dyes and wood stains that will do it. Though in the case of black and white, you can never get a bright white or a truly dark black with the wood still showing through (for bright white and true black, you need to make it solid colour).
Normally for that kind of thing, you do it as a burst over wood with a pronounced grain (e.g. Joe Perry's signature LP has a 'black burst', which is solid black on the outside, trans black in the middle over flame maple - it gives a much better impression than if it was just the trans black over the regular maple or mahogany, where it would just look grey).
You dye/paint the maple top and let it set in, sand it down so the deeper parts of the maple still show the black then you can use a transuscent (sp?) white paint of some sort?
Even if you do a couple of black coats to build it up first.

But you'd not be using primer to do this at all, thats what many people mistake on.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Eklund
Yes, it is possible, but i don't know the english word for that type of paint.

The swedish word is bets if that is any help.

The english word for bets is stain. To stain wood. That will give you the effect you want. =)
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
Yeah I've been thinking of staining a Les Paul arch top, just in need of a few questions answered. hope i dont sound to much of n idiot, anyways...
can i primer the back and sides then give it a solid colour after?
when i stain the top is it just as easy to apply with a paintbrush as it would by spray? i only ask for the fact Im a painter and decorator and regularly stain by brush.
if i brand the bare wood before anything will it show after the stain has cured?
Quote by sheslostcontrol

1. can i primer the back and sides then give it a solid colour after?
2. when i stain the top is it just as easy to apply with a paintbrush as it would by spray? i only ask for the fact Im a painter and decorator and regularly stain by brush.
3.if i brand the bare wood before anything will it show after the stain has cured?

1. Yes, of course you can.
2. I applied my stain with a brush, and it was easy as pie. The wood will soak it up, and no brush traces will be visible.
3. Yes, it will show, just like the grain will show.
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
If you wanted a bright white, you could probably try to add just a touch of light blue to the white. Give it the look that lots of pure snow on mountains have.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Quote by m_hedborg
1. Yes, of course you can.
2. I applied my stain with a brush, and it was easy as pie. The wood will soak it up, and no brush traces will be visible.
3. Yes, it will show, just like the grain will show.

thanks hombre.