Anyone else a fan of Matt Valentine & Erica Elder?
I would say check out their myspace, but that really would be kind of pointless so here's a couple of other links.

http://www.ecstaticpeace.com/artist.php?id=8
http://www.songsillinois.net/?p=3090

I finally managed to get the first two Matt Valentine releases at the end of last week and love them. Seems their popularity is growing rather quickly thanks to the more recent releases with The Bummer Road and The Golden Road. Partially probably helped by the appearance of J. Mascis one 'Green blues' as well.

Really good collective - I guess that's the best way of describing them - well worth checking out if you can find the stuff.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
"green blues" is a phenomenal album. so relaxing, it makes me want to sit in the woods and watch butterflies or something like that.

i haven't picked up "gettin gone" yet. how does it compare?
I've yet to get that one as well so can't honestly tell you. Will probably get it early next year.

Completely agree with you about 'Green blues' though, really enjoyable the whole way through.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Rather than making a new thread about them I thought I'd just raise this from the dead.
Been listening to them pretty much every day for the last few months and still can't get enough and fortunately they keep on supplying.

Anyone else been picking up on their jams in the past year or so?

RateYourMusic