I've had my B52 AT-212 for about 5 months now and never replaced the stock tubes in it. They sound fine still, but I know that getting new tubes will really give me the best sound I can get out of it.

I've never had a tube amp before so any tips and advice is appreciated. I'm going to get preamp tubes and the normal tubes (sorry, I don't know the bigger tubes technical name :p )

Lastly the two places I would buy from are musiciansfriend.com and Guitar Center.
There are preamp tubes and power tubes.

There are a lot better websites to buy from that will run diagnostics on the tubes so you can get matching pairs.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
you'll want to bring the tubes with you to the store and get the same type so that you dont have to re-bias the amp. You dont need the same brand, just the same specs...groove tubes should be fine.......i think they're the most common
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by TehJermie
new speakers first. tube change is subtle.

Yeah I agree with this, assuming your stock speakers suck.
Ben
Quote by MegaDTSX
Lastly the two places I would buy from are musiciansfriend.com and Guitar Center.

Those are two of the worst places to buy tubes.

There are a couple good suggestions in this thread. The Tube Store is a great resource. They have a bunch of tube reviews to help you pick out what you want. I'm a big fan of Doug's Tubes. If you contact him, tell him what kind of amp you have, and what kind of sound you want to get from it, he will hook you up. His prices are competitive, and his service is first rate (most orders ship the same day).
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.