Page 1 of 2
Greeting all.

I like you guys, so i decided to share a musical gem that i found browsing online for all you people who have audioscrobble/last.fm

http://lastgraph.aeracode.org/

its a page that generated weird graphs based on what you listen

im trying to figure it out and what they try and mean so i thought you might like to as well.

enjoy
Finally got it working.

So weird, seems to make sense though.

Nice find.

Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Mine worked, but I'm not entirely sure what the hell I'm looking at.
i cleared my last.fm a while ago and haven't bothered to keep up with it since then =\

i should though
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Quote by sponj
last fm is pointless

not really. not at all.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by agaze
I don't get it. what does the colors represent?

The colours just help you tell different bands apart.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
not really. not at all.

how many artists you really like and listen to on a regular basis have you discovered there?
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by onlyonehere
Jon, can we not have an official Last.fm chart thread where everyone posts their chart each week? Might help us to discover new artists et al.

i like it miranda
Last.fm isn't a bad site. It's no worse help for finding new music than any other website that tries to recommend.

Never really used it for that though - although came across the odd thing every now and then. I think it's just interesting from a personal perspective to see how your taste changes. Haven't used it in a while because iTunes is so ****ty, slows everything right down and generally destroys the computer when it tries to close.

The graphs look good if nothing else.
Is it like the overall thickness represents your total listens for the week/day, and then it spreads the bands out in between?
That's what it looks like on first glance at least.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
id assume so andrew. its a neat little thing is last.fm. but ive stopped myself using it for the past year or so. meh
^That's what I'd gathered.

Like, each time you play a band, it gets X mm for that day, if that makes sense.

Annnndddddd http://www.winamp.com/

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
i should scrobble more things...and frenchy congrats on becoming an s-mod. when did that happen?
Quote by uhh_me?
i should scrobble more things...and frenchy congrats on becoming an s-mod. when did that happen?

Some time between me leaving for badminton/the pub and me getting back tonight.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by FrenchyFungus
^That's what I'd gathered.

Like, each time you play a band, it gets X mm for that day, if that makes sense.

Annnndddddd http://www.winamp.com/

Linking to winamp, that's the standard any media programme on my computer has to live up to. So simple and good, but you still have to do the same thing as iTunes with it for last.fm and make a giant playlist, which is what jams the computer.
It has to be said VLC gets used a lot more than anything else.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i haven't used winamp in probably 8 years. i remember it being awful.

and i actually enjoy itunes.
the new winamp is actually really nice.

my problem with itunes is that:
1) it is really slow
2) i can't play an individual album
i don't have speed problems with it, but i built me a nice computer....so

and just type the album in the search bar, then play.
running it on a 3 year old laptop drags the speed down. and typing, that is just way too much work for me.
damn, I wonder how big of a graph it would be if I have never deleted my lists. All the way back into July of 2005..ooh that would be huge graph.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Uh..I think you are doing it wrong.

i know that i can, but searching for the album is irritating.
Quote by sponj
how many artists you really like and listen to on a regular basis have you discovered there?

Kate Bush, Cornershop, Sigur Ros, The Manic Street Preachers, Suede, Pulp, etc
Quote by uhh_me?
i know that i can, but searching for the album is irritating.

Yeah, that's why I prefer winamp because I prefer the whole pick and choose from folders/files things more than searching for hours on this giant list of every song.
Haven't upgraded to the new version of Winamp, heard it was just crashing whenever people pressed play...

RateYourMusic
^Not had any such problems here

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Maybe it was just a one off case then. Whichever way, I'm happy with this basic version. The simpler the better.

RateYourMusic
How long are these supposed to take? I did one of the past year, and it's been about an hour and a half.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Page 1 of 2