I'm thinking of getting the Roland GR20 synthesiser. My question is, If I have my amp on the high gain channel, and play a synth sound through it, won't the synth sound come out sounding horrible and distorted? If I wanted a synth sound as well as to use my guitars own sound on the high gain channel, how would I go about doing this using the same amp?

Thanks
you just have to get a casio dg-20 electric guitar
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
yes it would sound horrible, why would you want a synth sound with distortion, it would sound like crap, but if your going for a type of distorted-synth sound, i guess you could turn the gain on the amp.
Clean channel for me any day :-p
Quote by x Misanthropy x
yes it would sound horrible, why would you want a synth sound with distortion, it would sound like crap, but if your going for a type of distorted-synth sound, i guess you could turn the gain on the amp.
Clean channel for me any day :-p

I DONT want a synth sound with distortion, that's what I'm saying. How do a get a nice synth sound and keep my guitars distortion through the same amp? Lots of people are doing it, I have seen in videos
dont you have a line in input???
Most amps do so that should solve that, it sure does with me for playing along with my mp3 player so I guess it should work for a synth as well
Quote by numinis
dont you have a line in input???
Most amps do so that should solve that, it sure does with me for playing along with my mp3 player so I guess it should work for a synth as well

No, it does'nt have a line in, it has a line out kind of thing and an FX loop and that's it
anyone can help out with this? Just want to know how or if i can run an undistorted clear synth sound through my amps distortion channel so I can still get my usual high gain guitar sound. I guess I might need a separate monitor

Cheers
Quote by XtAsY2007
anyone can help out with this? Just want to know how or if i can run an undistorted clear synth sound through my amps distortion channel so I can still get my usual high gain guitar sound. I guess I might need a separate monitor

Cheers

it will never work if you plug it directly into the input on the amp...

it may work if you:

a)plug the synth in the effect loop, but watch out for feedback (be ready to shut the whole thing down quick!

b) use a dist pedal in front of the synt and check the synth manual if it says something about it
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Guitar lead goes straight to the amp, while GK cable goes to the GR, which is connected to your boombox/hi-fi/home theatre/computer/mixer via the stereo line out.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Guitar lead goes straight to the amp, while GK cable goes to the GR, which is connected to your boombox/hi-fi/home theatre/computer/mixer via the stereo line out.

+1. You have a separate amp/setup for the GK/GR20. Your regular instrument cable goes into your amp, and you go from the MIDI output on the GK3 straight into the MIDI In on the GR. You go from this to a separate source, probably a keyboard amp, instead.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Last edited by Slaiv at Nov 20, 2007,