1 2%
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
8 17%
Highland Cathedral
2 4%
Other
3 6%
Voters: 47.
Just wondering any Scots (or anyone who cares) opinion on the 'nationa' anthem of Scotland. Even though, technicaly, we aren't 'allowed' one, we really do need one for sports and to be played at parliament etc. So, pick from the poll, and please comment.

xxx

- Edit: Mainly want to know 'cos I dont like Flower O' Scotland, and when God Save the Queen is played at matches... well, lets jsut say its not taken to well...
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever,
Scotland the brave
Last edited by The Lunatic at Nov 19, 2007,
is it called rose something or other? i cant remeber

or land of the brave?
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
"i'm gonna be 500 miles"

as if Scots would want that awful song portraying their nation.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
is it called rose something or other? i cant remeber

or land of the brave?

Yes, the Scots would name their national anthem after the English national flower.

The national 'song' is called Flower of Scotland. However Scotland the brave is a far better song.
It should be "And i would walk 500 miles"

Wait.....is that what the 500 miles one is? Now THAT would be a national anthem.
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Last edited by Oasis-fanatic at Nov 19, 2007,
Auld Lang Syne

With Cliff Richard singing the lord's prayer over it.

EDIT: Apparently, I'm gonna be wasn't written by Craig and Charlie Reid, it's a Scottish folk song.
Gotta be flower of Scotland man! awsum tune. Second best to Land Of My Fathers of course

But yeah, flower of Scotland
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Flower Of Scotland, it's awesome.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
iv never been a fan of flower of scotland and prefer highland cathedral. and i am proud of where i live
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Yeah I argree with Oasis-fanatic, The Proclaimers should sing the national anthem.
But flower of Scotland is just so boring! Its just durge!!! Its really nothin compared to the Irish anthem... now theres a tune... something i think scotland the brav is more akin to, much more lively and uptempo to get the troops ready!

and, btw, a really didnt expect anyone to click God Save the Queen, a was just being diplomatic... musta been a non-Scot who voted that... (jk, dont really hate the English/Auld Queeny..... much)
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever,
Scotland the brave
I vote The Proclaimers. Also I would accept Scotland the Brave.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
Other - ICB
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
God Save the Queen is an absolutely dreadful anthem. I'm ashamed it's used to represent my country.

Is that all our country has to shout about? I mean...saving our Queen? I don't give a **** about the Royals to be honest, I'm fed up of the media telling me how superior they are to us normal folk.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
hell yeah! Irish national anthem FTW! I dont know the lyrics like but it gets the crowd goin
Until we actually tell Scotland to fuck off and try and survive without us () then they should have to have the same national anthem as us, so God Shave The Queen.

P.S. I don't want that as our national anthem either
Quote by The Lunatic
But flower of Scotland is just so boring! Its just durge!!!

It portrays a battle for a verse. Violence and bloodshed =/= durge.
Quote by Alix_D
Until we actually tell Scotland to fuck off and try and survive without us () then they should have to have the same national anthem as us, so God Shave The Queen.

P.S. I don't want that as our national anthem either

You shouldn't bottle up prejudice, it's not healthy...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I hope the pr*cks who voted God Save the Queen were some mild-mannered Englishmen

Otherwise you aren't a true Scot at all and should be ashamed of yourself
Last edited by ECwomantoneman at Nov 19, 2007,
I'm scottish, and i honestly couldn't give a f*ck
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
Flower O' Scotland

It's just so amazing to be in a large stadium, Hampden or Murrayfield with that being played either on PA or by an artist and the whole 50-60000 singing along.
In a few years, by the looks of things we're gonna be independent. I think it'll be Flower O' Scotland.

Btw, there sure a lot of Scottish guys on here!
Quote by Alix_D
Next you'll be telling me I'm envious as well...

I don't deign to tell my betters how to conduct themselves.
Don't wales have an anthem?

Scotland is still part of britain, so the british anthem still applies though....
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Don't wales have an anthem?

Scotland is still part of britain, so the british anthem still applies though....

It doesn't, but should!
"we aren't 'allowed' one, we really do need one for sports and to be played at parliament etc. So, pick from the poll, and please comment."

The both of you should pay closer attention to the details of the first post :p No one is saying it will replace the british national anthem. However, it would be retarded for one to sing, "God save the queen", at football matches and unsuitable for the entirely Scottish pseudo-parliament. (not me personally... I don't go to football matches nor do I care for the "parliament")
Quote by Alix_D
Next you'll be telling me I'm envious as well...

Envious of arrogant pricks from a country most others dislike or despise? . Please dont ask for the list ive not got time.

I think many of you old firm fans would rather sing the sash or the fields of athenry. WHAT THE FUC.K is that all about where most old firm players dont sing the anthem at scotland games. GTFYC's