Hello people of UG forums,

I have a Peavy Wolfgang and been playing with it for a couple years, and pretty soon going to buy myself a new guitar. I'm looking a higher end Jackson, with Emg 81 and 85 pickups. So my question is do u think ill be getting a different tone pickups wise? because the pickups on my Wolfgang are just flat out HOT, i get alot of feed back, and the pickups are just flat out nasty , but notes and chords seemed to get a little "muddy" and hard to distinguish sometimes. So my question is ... Do You think ill notice a difference between the 2 types of pickups ive done my research but i cant really seem to compare them to most pickups because the ones in the Wolfgang are to EVH standards lol. You guys seem to very helpful on subjects like this i would like to know here your opinions.
I've never heard the pickups on a Peavey Wolfgang, so i cant be be 100%. More than likely though, since theyre stock, the EMG's will sound alot better than them.

I just looked up the Wolfgang model, and it said they sell for around $400 or so. This prabobly means that the EMG's will be better. There will be a tone difference, prabobly for the better but it all depends on your opinion and how you like your sound. Also, you shouldn't get alot of feedback with the EMG's, and they shouldnt sound very muddy.

I bought the same 81/85 set and theyre still coming in the mail, so I cant give you user advice yet, but I have heard alot of good things about that particular set.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
haha the Wolfgang is only worth 400$ now ? wow?! Man what a versatile guitar i am never going to get rid of it.... Yea i play lots of metal and classic rock and blues, but metal is my main "Genre" so you guys think ill be disappointed with the EMGs though?
You'll prabobly be really happy with the EMG set. Theyre the Zakk Wylde set, which i'm sure you already knew, and You've prabobly heard his playing before so that should give you a little bit of an idea.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
the EMG's will stomp out the crap pups your talkin about. The 81/85 doesnt really delivers little to no feed back. They also have a great tone ( I wouldn't call it flat, since flat sounds boring), and has great high's when doing a solo if you hit it off right.

Good Luck!