Why wouldn't people wear the band t shirts for the bands that they are going to see?

Just some people were talking about it 2day at school, and Im ryt confused now lol.

I would wear band t shirts for th bads im off to see. I thort it stupid when people at the Deep Purple concert I went to were wearing Iron Maiden shirts.

Any answers???

Thanks.
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
umm.....a lot of people buy band shirts at the gig. so WTF are you on about? :P
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
umm...it's a shirt....
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
sorry ill try and explain better:

some people in my year 2day were talking about how wearing a band shirt that matches the band your off to see could equal in being battered.

I was just thinking WTF!!!???!!!
It totally confused me.

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

I remember being at a Megadeth gig and there were a whole bunch of douchebags wearing Metallica shirts. For shame.
Concerts are not fashion shows, you go wear what you want, listen to music and have a good time...the end
Only thing I can think of is if you wear a band shirt so people think "That guy's awesome, he has a **INSERT BAND NAME** shirt!", and if you're at a gig they know you like that band playing anyway, so if you wear another shirt, they can still say it.

Not sure.
Quote by masterk1818
Concerts are not fashion shows, you go wear what you want, listen to music and have a good time...the end

this man speaks the truth
Ahh im getting it now! Thanks

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Err... DragonForce?

I take a concert as an opportunity for me to dress up all artsy and cool. Like I work at Starbucks or something. So no, I don't wear band t-shirts.

I wore this to the last show I went to:

Last edited by pratt121 at Nov 19, 2007,
I saw one dude wearing Limp Bizkit t-shirt on Black Label Society concert.
He doesnt walk anymore.
Quote by MetalGore
I saw one dude wearing Limp Bizkit t-shirt on Black Label Society concert.
He doesnt walk anymore.

hahaha

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Err... DragonForce?

I'll usually wear the band shirt if I have it, quite often I don't.

If it's cheap enough, I'll have it next time I see them (only ever buy shirts at shows).
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Wearing band t-shirts to a show doesn't make a difference unless they're opposite bands.

It's like going to an MCR gig without makeup on, it's just asking for trouble.

The guy who said about the Metallica T-shirt wearers at a Megadeth gig was a good example.

I actually sounded sincere didn't I?
Quote by Nizzi

some people in my year 2day were talking about how wearing a band shirt that matches the band your off to see could equal in being battered.

Only at a gorgoroth concert.
NOIZE
Speaking of Metallica t-shirts at megadeth concerts...

At the Glasgow Barrowlands, I met megadeth, and some guy the was there when Dave Mustaine turned was wearing a Kill 'em all t-shirt no less. The growlers Dave gave him!
Quote by darthteet
Speaking of Metallica t-shirts at megadeth concerts...

At the Glasgow Barrowlands, I met megadeth, and some guy the was there when Dave Mustaine turned was wearing a Kill 'em all t-shirt no less. The growlers Dave gave him!

yea, people have to study their music history...

Mustaine played in Metallica during their early days but left cause the rest of Metallica felt that Mustaine did too many drugs (this according to Rolling Stone magazine- reliable id say)

so the people that booed Mustaine pretty much booed him for his own band...Metallica i mean

but w/e, im glad he left cause Metallica kind of sucks anyways
maybe they dont have a shirt of that band.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
i wore a depeche mode shirt to ozzfest. i met DAATH, and apparently both guitarists are fans of DM. i thought it was pretty cool.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Im now getting the impression that the ppl in my year are too image obsessed

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Err... DragonForce?